Sending debug text to output window..

Post by Gary Davidso » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:54:51

In Normal C# i use the
System.Console.WriteLine("Im Dumb");
to give me extra debug info at design time..

How can I use this for Pocket PC app's using the PocketPC emulator and the
Compact Framework. The debug messages dont show up anywhere in the IDE..

Thx

GaryD

Sending debug text to output window..

Post by Alex Feinman [MVP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:30:09

There is no Console support in Pocket PC (there is in CE.NET projects as
that platform has a concept of console). You may want to take a look at the
http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/

Quote:> In Normal C# i use the
> System.Console.WriteLine("Im Dumb");
> to give me extra debug info at design time..

> How can I use this for Pocket PC app's using the PocketPC emulator and the
> Compact Framework. The debug messages dont show up anywhere in the IDE..

> Thx

> GaryD

1. eVC3/ppcSDK2002: How to avoid debug output via COM1?

Hi!

My WinCE 3.0 application should be able to communicate with an
external device connected to COM1 (serial port).
I can successfully open the serial port and send/receive data.
For debugging purposes I use OutputDebugString for writing into the
debug output window of eVC3.0, but (as an undesired side effect)
everything passed to OutputDebugString appears also on COM1 (and
confuses the connected external device)!

How can I generate messages for the debug output window without
influencing my communication on COM1?
I've found some hints for "platform builder", "WinCE 3.0 for OEMs" and
so on, but of course I've none of the mentioned headers, so they are
useless for me.

I'm using eVC3.0 with PocketPC SDK 2002 and the Emulator.
My OS is Win2000 Professional SP3.

TIA
Helmut

2. MPP

3. stopping MFC debug output

4. Multimedia Viewer problems?

5. Debugging PPC 2002 Inbox sending to authenticated SMTP server?

6. CPC Monitor -> PC Monitor

7. problems with eVT: can't debug eVB, no debug environment

8. Zyxel supreme release information forthcoming?

9. How to debug in Windows 2000?

10. Windows Debug API's

11. Alt text in windows CE

12. How to find text in a window?

13. String comparsion and how to display text in the main- window