Bursts of static on iPaq between selections

Bursts of static on iPaq between selections

Post by babylo » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:06:08

Especially noticeable with a pair of headphones. Each time you select
a menu the sound is preceded by a burst of static ! I've already
applied the sound patch made availavle by Compaq. Has anyone else
noticed/fixed this problem ?

Bursts of static on iPaq between selections

Post by David Conge » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:17:46

Some people were saying that the patch didn't fix there problem.  Initally
it seemed to solve my problem of the loundness factor, but yes, it seems
atleast on my device right now there still is static before a sound plays.

Dave
www.davespda.com

Quote:> Especially noticeable with a pair of headphones. Each time you select
> a menu the sound is preceded by a burst of static ! I've already
> applied the sound patch made availavle by Compaq. Has anyone else
> noticed/fixed this problem ?

1. fix for static bursts and begin and end of syncing

Eureka

i fixed the annoying static bursts that follow the start and stop sync wavs
apparantly it has something to do with non standard wav files (or player )
that are used  on the ipaq

if you open the wav files (infbeg.wav) in an hex editor youll see text at
the end of the wav file
presumably this gets played by the ipaq and results in a static burts at the
sync start and sync end

to remove the text i then started up my "creative wavestudio" wav editor and
loaded the wave file
now i selected the entire wav , and i copied and pasted the selection into a
new wav file.
i then saved it as infbeg2.wav . the result ... a wav file with no text at
the end and no static when used as syncing sound on your ipaq

there is probably a bug in the sound routine that is used to play the
syncsound file causing it not to identify the end of the wav data correctly
.. so that other data that follows also is played wich result in a static
burst

greetings dirk

2. qktmqps

3. Bursting at the seams...

4. TTF to PS conversion v 1.2 Documentation

5. Confused: Sync IPAQ over Internet with Win2k/Static IP???

6. Link failure. Unable to make ACE/TAO 5.2 under Win2000SP3, BCB v6P2, static libraries.

7. iPAQ H8350 - electric/static shocks when cradling

8. Default TreeView

9. Ipaq 3650 Multimedia Player Only Plays first two selections

10. Static DNS addresses are overwritten by Dynamic DNS

11. Beam Static Analysis

12. Static cling screen protectors are bad?

13. Wireless problem: DHCP won't work, neither will static