How to develop a application which can display JPEG image with eVC 4.0?

How to develop a application which can display JPEG image with eVC 4.0?

Post by MooreMa » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:30:53

Dear All:
        Did anyone have the experience to develop a JPEG image viewer with
eVC 4.0?
I searched a lot of web site and some methods work on eVC 3.0. But on eVC
4.0,
it doesn't work. Any advise??

Thank you.

How to develop a application which can display JPEG image with eVC 4.0?

Post by Vassili Philippo » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:59:02

I did not test but I think LibJpeg will work. Read more at:

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/jpeglib.html
"Using IJG JPEG library"

Vassili Philippov
MS-MVP Mobile Devices

Quote:> Dear All:
>         Did anyone have the experience to develop a JPEG image viewer with
> eVC 4.0?
> I searched a lot of web site and some methods work on eVC 3.0. But on eVC
> 4.0,
> it doesn't work. Any advise??

> Thank you.

How to develop a application which can display JPEG image with eVC 4.0?

Post by MooreMa » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:19:21

I have tried it. I followed it's direction step by step. It works very well
with IDE eVC 3.0.
But with IDE eVC 4.0, a lot of error messages dump out.
Is there any tricks on eVC 4.0??

Quote:> I did not test but I think LibJpeg will work. Read more at:

> http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/jpeglib.html
> "Using IJG JPEG library"

> Vassili Philippov
> MS-MVP Mobile Devices

How to develop a application which can display JPEG image with eVC 4.0?

Post by MooreMa » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:39:11

Yap, I followed it's direction step by step. Strangely, It works with eVC
3.0.
It means I can successfully complie and link the code.
And finally, proudce a .exe file by eVC 3.0 IDE.

By on eVC 4.0 IDE, after complie, there are following link error message:

imgdecmp.lib(imagedecmp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

imgdecmp.lib(imagedecmp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

imgdecmp.lib(imagedecmp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

imgdecmp.lib(imagedecmp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

emulatorDbg/test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Any trick I don't know???? Or imgdecmp.lib does not support eVC 4.0????

Quote:> If IMGDECMP.DLL is in your CE environment,
> I will think that JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, etc. can be View.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpp...
Quote:> l/ppc_hics.asp

1. Can eVC++ 4.0 be used to develop Pocket PC Programs?

Dear All,

Can I develop programs for Pocket PC (eg: Compaq iPAQs)
using eMbedded VC++ 4.0 which is based on Windows CE .NET
Operating System? It gives/provides me Emulation testing
for Handheld PC but NOT for Pocket PC.

So, I am in a fix/delimma whether it's at all possible to
develop programs which are meant to run on Pocket PCs
using eMbedded VC++ 4.0. [ I know it's possible with
eMbedded VC++ 3.0 as it provides me Emulation for the
same ]

Your valuable ASAP suggestions and advices are much needed.

Regards,
Amit Verma

2. Epson 760 & Pressit Software

3. Developing iPAQ/PPC apps for eVC++ 4.0

4. SNMP Agent Tools

5. eVC, image in treeview, how to display

6. Command Prompt questions

7. eVC++ / Developing a DLL and using it with a Application ??

8. banner length vs. global nav buttons

9. eVC 3.0, eVC 4.0 and VS.NET 2003

10. EVC 3.0 and EVC 4.0 / >NET compact Framework

11. Using EVC 4.0 linker/compiler BIN with EVC 3.0

12. Developing an application that interfaces with the MS phone application

13. Viewing JPEG images on PocketPC