Contacts not found in "All Contacts"

Post by Chris » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:30:54

Pocket PC 3.0.11171
I have contacts that are found under "No Categories" but
they are not found when using the category "All Contacts"
To me it makes little sense that "All Contacts" cannot
find all contacts.
Is this a known issue and is there a fix?
Thank you heaps for your time and effort.
Chris

Contacts not found in "All Contacts"

Post by Chris » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 07:30:49

Hi Ed,
Soft and hard reset did not do the trick.
I have tried to set different categories for one of the
known problem contacts and the results were ok.
Only by going back to choosing No Categories for the
known problem contact do I get the challenge of the
contact not showing under 'All Contacts'
Doing the same search in Outlook on the PC gives correct
results at all times.
Sadly I cannot trust contact searches on the Pocket PC,
which was one of the main reasons to have the gadget in
the first place.

work.
>--

_________________________
Quote:>Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for
the benefit of all)
>Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
>What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>ActiveSync problems? -

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/support/help/acti
vesync.asp

Quote:>.

Contacts not found in "All Contacts"

Post by chris » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 08:24:07

Hi Ed,
Your suggestion to export and re import the contacts file
in CSV was a hit.
2 minutes and it was all over. What a relieve after
plenty of frustration.

You are a champion. Thank you very much.
Have a nice weekend.

Chris Kindermann

glitch in the
>hardware on your particular unit causing this. There is
something
>corrupt in your contact data that doesn't bother Outlook
but is
>messing with Contacts. Have you tried running ScanPST?
Might create a
>new PST file and move everything to that, or even export
all of your
>contacts to a CSV file then reimport.

__

_________________________
Quote:>Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for
the benefit of all)
>Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
>What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>ActiveSync problems? -

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/support/help/acti
vesync.asp

Quote:>.

1. "Advanced" tab in "Find" does not work

I recently noticed something odd about how "Find" operates on my Cassiopeia
E-200 (Pocket PC 2002):  if, while using the OS's "Find" tool, I select for
"Type" either "Inbox" or "Pocket Word," a little tab marked "Advanced"
appears in the lower-left corner of the screen.  Now if I select "Pocket
Word" and tap on "Advanced," I am given the option of limiting my search to
documents edited during the past three days.  But if I choose "Inbox" as the
type and tap on "Advanced," nothing happens.  The word "Advanced" is
momentarily highlighted (the "pushed-button" effect), but nothing pops up.

Am I alone in this?  Thanks.

--
A. G. Kozak

2. IOS V.11 (x)

3. Beaming contacts gives "cannot transfer at this time" error and shuts down contacts

4. Problem printing from the BUILD window

5. Contact default should be "All Contacts"

6. Q: Installing Solaris 8 on a HALstation?

7. Can't Sync with Contacts and Calender..."Not Installed"

8. How do I find the right Libraries?

9. iPAQ: "Contacts" button does not work properly

10. Not able to open "Contacts"....

11. Contacts "Not Installed"

12. Why on "Home" sceen is "Calculator" spelled "Calucator"?

13. The program "WORD" in "PocketPC-E-125" does not work!