SQL CE 2000 install problem!

Post by James Taylo » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 07:05:39

Hi All,

I am a bit new to this PocketPc environ.

I bought SQL Server 2000 Dev Ed. and downloaded the SQL Server CE edition
from MS.

SQL Server 2000 Dev installed fine, I used the defaults but when I try to
install SQL CE it gives me a dilalog box that asks for the "Machine Name".
I have tried the following..assuming my computer name is SERVER-WIN2000;

//SERVER-WIN2000
\\SERVER-WIN2000
\\.\PIPE\MSSQL$SERVER_WIN2000
SERVER-WIN2000
server-win2000
MS SQL SERVER

All to no avail.

Can anyone help me understand what exactly it is looking for.
It does not provide a drop down list box like most programs so I can't even
"best guess it".

Thanks,

James

SQL CE 2000 install problem!

Post by <a.. » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 08:30:38

James...

Is it you. You rock!!

Try giving your machine a name, in the network manager. SQL CE assumes your
development machine is on a NETWORK.

Quote:-----Original Message-----

.