Pausing, Inserting into Wave File

Post by William Rya » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:43:05

I'm really stumped!  I've seen Pocket PC apps that let you
FF, Rewind, Pause and Insert but the VoiceRecorder doesn't
expose any of those features as far as I can tell.

I've modified the examples at InnovativeDSS so that i can
name my wav file before recording.  However, for the life
of me, I can't figure out how to take a stream and either
append on to the end of or pause recording.

As far as FF and Rewind, these are basically different b/c
they don't deal with the recorder per se (altough they
could if you set the flags).  However, I can see how to
move my position to anywhere other than the beginning of
the stream when you call PlaySound and I can't find any
other mechanism to play a wav file on the POcket PC (other
than using ShowRecorder and manipulating its call).

I've seen some apps that are very cheap that include this
functionality so it's got to be relatively
straightforward, I just can't see how using VoiceCtl.DLL
and without that, how can I control the recorder?

BTW, I'm writing this in C#
Can I get there from Here or will I need to learn eVC++ to
do this?
Thanks,

Bill

Pausing, Inserting into Wave File

Post by Chris Tacke, eMV » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:00:10

I've got WAV recording about 98% done in the OpenNETCF.WAVFile class.  I
hope to have it tested by tomorrow.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Advisory Board Member

Quote:> I'm really stumped!  I've seen Pocket PC apps that let you
> FF, Rewind, Pause and Insert but the VoiceRecorder doesn't
> expose any of those features as far as I can tell.

> I've modified the examples at InnovativeDSS so that i can
> name my wav file before recording.  However, for the life
> of me, I can't figure out how to take a stream and either
> append on to the end of or pause recording.

> As far as FF and Rewind, these are basically different b/c
> they don't deal with the recorder per se (altough they
> could if you set the flags).  However, I can see how to
> move my position to anywhere other than the beginning of
> the stream when you call PlaySound and I can't find any
> other mechanism to play a wav file on the POcket PC (other
> than using ShowRecorder and manipulating its call).

> I've seen some apps that are very cheap that include this
> functionality so it's got to be relatively
> straightforward, I just can't see how using VoiceCtl.DLL
> and without that, how can I control the recorder?

> BTW, I'm writing this in C#
> Can I get there from Here or will I need to learn eVC++ to
> do this?
> Thanks,

> Bill

Pausing, Inserting into Wave File

Post by William Rya » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 06:23:21

Chris:

I've been using the libs at OpenNetCF since last week.
Had a little trouble with the Open on the Wav class, but
that's my fault.

You are the coolest!  I'll check for the update.

Thanks again,

Bill

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I've got WAV recording about 98% done in the

OpenNETCF.WAVFile class.  I
>hope to have it tested by tomorrow.

>--
>Chris Tacke, eMVP
>Advisory Board Member
>www.OpenNETCF.org

>> I'm really stumped!  I've seen Pocket PC apps that let
you
>> FF, Rewind, Pause and Insert but the VoiceRecorder
doesn't
>> expose any of those features as far as I can tell.

>> I've modified the examples at InnovativeDSS so that i
can
>> name my wav file before recording.  However, for the
life
>> of me, I can't figure out how to take a stream and
either
>> append on to the end of or pause recording.

>> As far as FF and Rewind, these are basically different
b/c
>> they don't deal with the recorder per se (altough they
>> could if you set the flags).  However, I can see how to
>> move my position to anywhere other than the beginning of
>> the stream when you call PlaySound and I can't find any
>> other mechanism to play a wav file on the POcket PC
(other
>> than using ShowRecorder and manipulating its call).

>> I've seen some apps that are very cheap that include
this
>> functionality so it's got to be relatively
>> straightforward, I just can't see how using VoiceCtl.DLL
>> and without that, how can I control the recorder?

>> BTW, I'm writing this in C#
>> Can I get there from Here or will I need to learn eVC++
>> do this?
>> Thanks,

>> Bill

>.

1. Wave Files - Capturing a digital Value from a Wave File

Is there a way to Capture a digital value from a Wave File that can be used
later in the program. For example I would like to connect a telephone to the
Ipaq hoping I can get it to detect each Tone pushed. Any Idea's? This is a
weird experiment. I would like somthing with a Wave display like the Windows
Sound recorder but I havent been able to get the VB version I have to work
on EVB.

Tony

2. Wheres my computer?

3. Use Wave In and Wave Out Devices Simultaneously

4. creating custom adm files

5. iPAQ EUU1 Version 2 (aka EUU2) Alarm Wave File Fix...

6. Anyone port MH 6.7.2 to use FLEX and/or Chris Torek's stdio ???

7. Where are the alarm wave files

8. Emergency Calls (was Operator Busy Break-In)

9. How to Play Certain Wave Files on iPAQ

10. Playing multiple wave files continuously and simultaneously

11. Playing a wave file at specified time even if the device is hybernating

12. How to Play Long WAVE files

13. Wave Files on Pocketpc