Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by Jack » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 06:35:40



I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider bar to
the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone know
if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?
 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by Fred Hal » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:12:59


It's not just an Axim problem, it's a PocketPC in general issue.  I'd like
to see that too...I liked "left-hack" for the Palm...no such equivalent for
PPCs though.


Quote:> I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider bar
to
> the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone know
> if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?


 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by Rooke » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:07:35


>It's not just an Axim problem, it's a PocketPC in general issue.  I'd like
>to see that too...I liked "left-hack" for the Palm...no such equivalent for
>PPCs though.



>> I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider bar
>to
>> the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone know
>> if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?

Geez, me too.  If anyone here programs for the PPC, I'd LOVE to have a
conversation about tweaks that would make them more efficient.
Rooker
"If it weren't for physics, and the cops, I'd be unstoppable!"
 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by NickKnigh » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:24:32



>It's not just an Axim problem, it's a PocketPC in general issue.  I'd like
>to see that too...I liked "left-hack" for the Palm...no such equivalent for
>PPCs though.



>> I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider bar
>to
>> the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone know
>> if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?

There is no left handed option for the ppc.

How about some left handed person creating one?   This is
what the 100th time i've seen this question for the ppc.?

Vincent....paging Vincent (http://www.cebeans.com)......
--------------------------------------------
To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from
my e-mail address.    

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by van Goug » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:47:03



Quote:> I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider bar
to
> the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone know
> if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?

Excuse my ignorance...but in which software do you face problem? I think PPC
2002 is designed to be ambidextrous (right word??)

Thanks

 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by Rooke » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:52:03




>> I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider bar
>to
>> the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone know
>> if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?

>Excuse my ignorance...but in which software do you face problem? I think PPC
>2002 is designed to be ambidextrous (right word??)

>Thanks

For a left-handed user your hand covers the screen every time you try
to use a "slider bar" all of which seem to be placed on the right
side.

Many of us "southpaws" would love an option to move the slider bars to
the left side.

Rooker
"If it weren't for physics, and the cops, I'd be unstoppable!"

 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by Michael Gerbasi » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:25:43


And for us hook lefties, how about getting the menu bars on the bottom of
the screen!

And MS/Logitech come out with some left handed ergonomic trackballs.

Regards-Michael G.




> >> I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider
bar
> >to
> >> the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone
know
> >> if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?

> >Excuse my ignorance...but in which software do you face problem? I think
PPC
> >2002 is designed to be ambidextrous (right word??)

> >Thanks

> For a left-handed user your hand covers the screen every time you try
> to use a "slider bar" all of which seem to be placed on the right
> side.

> Many of us "southpaws" would love an option to move the slider bars to
> the left side.

> Rooker
> "If it weren't for physics, and the cops, I'd be unstoppable!"

 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by Fred Hal » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:21:41


Just about any app with a scroll bar forces you to cover the screen with
your hand as you try to scroll.  But we lefties learn to live with it - like
scissors, doors, most putters...that's why people love us so...we're so much
more adaptable than righties...




> > I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider
bar
> to
> > the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone
know
> > if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?

> Excuse my ignorance...but in which software do you face problem? I think
PPC
> 2002 is designed to be ambidextrous (right word??)

> Thanks

 
 
 

Am I the ONLY left-handed Axim user?

Post by Bren » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:30:28


Here Here! I too would love the 'left-Hack' that I had on the palm III for
the Pocket_PC.
They seem to thin of everything but.!


> It's not just an Axim problem, it's a PocketPC in general issue.  I'd like
> to see that too...I liked "left-hack" for the Palm...no such equivalent
for
> PPCs though.



> > I hoped to find a checkbox under Settings->Input to switch the slider
bar
> to
> > the left hand side for left-handed users -- no such luck! Does anyone
know
> > if there's a 'tweak' type tool that will do this?