SIP Key Capture

Post by Vish » Sat, 24 May 2003 03:54:44

Hi,

I am trying to capture the "return" key pressed event on the
PocketPC....I am unable to get the event using
WM_CHAR/WM_KEYDOWN/WM_KEYUP....I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Vishal

SIP Key Capture

Post by Yaroslav Goncharo » Sat, 24 May 2003 14:34:34

Hi

if your foreground window is a dialog then handle WM_COMMAND with
LOWORD(wParam)== IDOK.

--
Yaroslav Goncharov
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to capture the "return" key pressed event on the
> PocketPC....I am unable to get the event using
> WM_CHAR/WM_KEYDOWN/WM_KEYUP....I'd appreciate any help on this.

> Thanks in advance,

> Vishal

SIP Key Capture

Post by Vish » Sun, 25 May 2003 05:38:59

Hi Yaroslav,

Thanks for your reply. My foreground window is a FORM. Can u tell me how to do it??

Thanks,
Vishal

> Hi

> if your foreground window is a dialog then handle WM_COMMAND with
> LOWORD(wParam)== IDOK.

> --
> Yaroslav Goncharov
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> Smartphone Developer Network
> www.smartphonedn.com

> > Hi,

> > I am trying to capture the "return" key pressed event on the
> > PocketPC....I am unable to get the event using
> > WM_CHAR/WM_KEYDOWN/WM_KEYUP....I'd appreciate any help on this.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Vishal

SIP Key Capture

Post by Yaroslav Goncharo » Sun, 25 May 2003 13:17:42

Hi

do you use MFC? You just need to handle WM_COMMAND window message and check
that LOWORD(wParam)== IDOK.

--
Yaroslav Goncharov
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
Smartphone Developer Network
www.smartphonedn.com

> Hi Yaroslav,

> Thanks for your reply. My foreground window is a FORM. Can u tell me how
to do it??

> Thanks,
> Vishal

> > Hi

> > if your foreground window is a dialog then handle WM_COMMAND with
> > LOWORD(wParam)== IDOK.

> > --
> > Yaroslav Goncharov
> > Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> > Smartphone Developer Network
> > www.smartphonedn.com

> > > Hi,

> > > I am trying to capture the "return" key pressed event on the
> > > PocketPC....I am unable to get the event using
> > > WM_CHAR/WM_KEYDOWN/WM_KEYUP....I'd appreciate any help on this.

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Vishal

1. Dialog won't capture SIP events

I am writing a dialog-based application for my iPaq using MFC. I've used the
"invisible window" technique to make it Today screen and Qmenu-friendly.

I want to lock the focus on a single edit control in the dialog -- have it
capture all keyboard / SIP input from startup to shutdown.  I can't figure
out how to make it happen. I've tried calling SetFocus, SetActiveWindow,
SetForegroundWindow, SetCapture, etc. on the edit control and on the dialog,
but nothing works. Keystrokes seem to just disappear. If I tap the edit
control, then it will capture keystrokes fine - until I tap some other
control and the edit control loses the focus.

I've tried capturing WM_CHAR events in both the dialog and the invisible
window, but they just aren't showing up there. Where are they going?

Any suggestions?

2. wtb: 880k floppy,c= 1702 monitor

3. Capture key events

4. Investment funds available

5. SIP 123 Key

6. BRICS PhD grants, fellowships, and research positions

7. Function Keys on SIP

8. Beginner help using MX record.

9. How can SIP Input Method send CTRL+char key (to enable Cut, Copy, Paste)

10. What message will be sent after user clicking the "Enter" Key on SIP?

11. Q: Display SIP in kiosk mode without SIP or Start button

12. 10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

13. Key press interval discriminating long key.