ms active synch not showing all com ports

ms active synch not showing all com ports

Post by Alan Hinchcliff » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:35:17

ms active synch not showing bluetooth com ports as a valid option for
connection to active synch, does anyone know a workaround for this? i am
using active synch 3.6 which i have just upgraded from 3.5

ms active synch not showing all com ports

Post by Apurv » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:07:12

This completely depends upon the "manager that you use for Bluetooth, i.e.
the software that came with your bluetooth hardware. Basically the bluetooth
manager exposes virtual comm ports which have to be defined, these ports
usually appear in the list. Also in most managers, the bluetooth link
between the PPC and the computer needs to be active before you open the
connection settings dialog in activesync. This is because, the connection
settings dialog iterates thru the available comm ports on the system. at
this time the bluetooth manager should pop up a window asking you which
bluetooth coneection to be used for this serial connection request. There
you have to chose pocket PC. This could be different with the different
brands of bluetooth adapters hence please let me know the brand you are
using. Ill try to help further...

- Apurva

Quote:> ms active synch not showing bluetooth com ports as a valid option for

Post by Apurv » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:04:22

This completely depends upon the "manager that you use for Bluetooth, i.e.
the software that came with your bluetooth hardware. Basically the bluetooth
manager exposes virtual comm ports which have to be defined, these ports
usually appear in the list. Also in most managers, the bluetooth link
between the PPC and the computer needs to be active before you open the
connection settings dialog in activesync. This is because, the connection
settings dialog iterates thru the available comm ports on the system. at
this time the bluetooth manager should pop up a window asking you which
bluetooth coneection to be used for this serial connection request. There
you have to chose pocket PC. This could be different with the different
brands of bluetooth adapters hence please let me know the brand you are
using. Ill try to help further...

- Apurva

Quote:> ms active synch not showing bluetooth com ports as a valid option for
> connection to active synch, does anyone know a workaround for this? i am
> using active synch 3.6 which i have just upgraded from 3.5

ms active synch not showing all com ports

Post by Alan Hinchcliff » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:26:07

this is the software / device i am using for my host

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/per/per/pro_per_detail.php?UID...
DEL=MS-6967

i am using a bluetooth jacket on my ipaq 3850 for my pocket pc connection

when i run the get connected wizzard under active synch it doesnt report any
serial ports other than com1 / com2 my bluetooth com port cant be set lower
than com16 in my bluetooth manager software

> This completely depends upon the "manager that you use for Bluetooth, i.e.
> the software that came with your bluetooth hardware. Basically the
bluetooth
> manager exposes virtual comm ports which have to be defined, these ports
> usually appear in the list. Also in most managers, the bluetooth link
> between the PPC and the computer needs to be active before you open the
> connection settings dialog in activesync. This is because, the connection
> settings dialog iterates thru the available comm ports on the system. at
> this time the bluetooth manager should pop up a window asking you which
> bluetooth coneection to be used for this serial connection request. There
> you have to chose pocket PC. This could be different with the different
> brands of bluetooth adapters hence please let me know the brand you are
> using. Ill try to help further...

> - Apurva

message