Activesync 3.5 vie ethernet to Windows XP server ?

Activesync 3.5 vie ethernet to Windows XP server ?

Post by Mark » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:26:12

Hi,
I am using Ipaq 3660 with ppc2002 and trying to get active sync to
work via ethernet.
The network adapter is working (Compactflash Trendet 10/100 Mbit) .
I tried to ping the XP host with vxutils from the IPAQ and it worked.
I installed pocket hoststoo for name resolution on the ppc.
I read through alot of activesync/ethernet threads but nothing helped.
Many times i saw that you should put the IP Adress of the XP Server in
the WINS section of the network adapter preferences.
I tried this too but didnt work .
How does active sync knows which server it should connect when using
ethernet ?
Is it via the WINS entry ?
Anyone succesfully running this configuration .

Activesync 3.5 vie ethernet to Windows XP server ?

Post by Paul Luca » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:13:49

You need to create a partnership by plugging the iPaq into the cradle
attached to the XP machine.  When this is done go into ActiveSync and tick
the box "Include PC when synching remotely" and slect your parternship from
the drop down box.  It should now sync across the network.

(If you are trying to sync directly with an Exchange Server then that is a
different kettle of fish and you will need some middleware such as Microsoft
Mobile Information Server to do this).

Paul.

Quote:> Hi,
> I am using Ipaq 3660 with ppc2002 and trying to get active sync to
> work via ethernet.
> The network adapter is working (Compactflash Trendet 10/100 Mbit) .
> I tried to ping the XP host with vxutils from the IPAQ and it worked.
> I installed pocket hoststoo for name resolution on the ppc.
> I read through alot of activesync/ethernet threads but nothing helped.
> Many times i saw that you should put the IP Adress of the XP Server in
> the WINS section of the network adapter preferences.
> I tried this too but didnt work .
> How does active sync knows which server it should connect when using
> ethernet ?
> Is it via the WINS entry ?
> Anyone succesfully running this configuration .

Activesync 3.5 vie ethernet to Windows XP server ?

Post by Gary Smi » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:12:34

This is how I got it working:
First I deleted all entries in pocket hosts.
Go to start-settings-connections-network adaptors - choose your one -
properties - choose use specific IP address - choose an IP address in
range and enter in teh IP address field, try using subnet
255.255.255.0 and if you are using a router put the router IP in the
default gateway.
Then put your host pc IP in the wins field on the name servers tab.
Reset your ppc.

See if this is any help

> Hi,
> I am using Ipaq 3660 with ppc2002 and trying to get active sync to
> work via ethernet.
> The network adapter is working (Compactflash Trendet 10/100 Mbit) .
> I tried to ping the XP host with vxutils from the IPAQ and it worked.
> I installed pocket hoststoo for name resolution on the ppc.
> I read through alot of activesync/ethernet threads but nothing helped.
> Many times i saw that you should put the IP Adress of the XP Server in
> the WINS section of the network adapter preferences.
> I tried this too but didnt work .
> How does active sync knows which server it should connect when using
> ethernet ?
> Is it via the WINS entry ?
> Anyone succesfully running this configuration .

1. Help: iPAQ PPC 2002; ActiveSync 3.5; Windows XP; Office XP

When I attempt to use the Windows CE Inbox Transfer from Outlook, I get the
message that says, in part:

"Unable to connect to mobile device.  This version of Windows CE Inbox
Transfer will not function correctly with this device"

However ActiveSync works fine, even the sync of mail in my inbox.  I just
cannot manage the other mail folders with out the manual utility.

Any ideas?

2. Terminal Accessory Idea

3. Calendar/Task refresh failure on iPAQ 3600 series with ActiveSync 3.5 & Windows XP Pro

4. CDROM Media Format Proposal

5. Windows XP, Activesync 3.5, Synchronisation & Passwords

6. vintage hardware...CHEAP! Quanity discounts!

7. IPAQ ActiveSync 3.1 & 3.5 WIndows 95 & XP

8. CAD Manager wanted in Florida

9. Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

10. ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

11. ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows XP

12. Activesync 3.5 not working in windows xp

13. Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP