SIP

Post by Sures » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:15:03

Hi all.
I am using dialog based application.in MFC evc 3.0
I have several input fields on my dialog.When ever i one SIP for inputting ,
i am unable to see the characters typed in.SO the solution for this is to
resize the window while opening the sip and again reverting to old state
when sip is down.
In which events do we need to handle this situation.
If any one has peice of code for resizing , please send me .

Thanx in advance.
suri:-)

SIP

Post by Alexander Shargi » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:31:14

The event you are looking for is WM_SETTINGCHANGE message.

However this is not recommended to move your controls. This can irritate the
user. It is usually better to redesign dialog so that all edit boxes are
visible when SIP is up. If this can't be done, devide your dialog into
several dialogs and make a property sheet/wizard from them.

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

Quote:> Hi all.
> I am using dialog based application.in MFC evc 3.0
> I have several input fields on my dialog.When ever i one SIP for inputting
,
> i am unable to see the characters typed in.SO the solution for this is to
> resize the window while opening the sip and again reverting to old state
> when sip is down.
> In which events do we need to handle this situation.
> If any one has peice of code for resizing , please send me .

> Thanx in advance.
> suri:-)

SIP

Post by r_z_are » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:33:38

Quote:

>The event you are looking for is WM_SETTINGCHANGE message.

>However this is not recommended to move your controls. This can irritate the
>user. It is usually better to redesign dialog so that all edit boxes are
>visible when SIP is up. If this can't be done, devide your dialog into
>several dialogs and make a property sheet/wizard from them.

Perhaps I've been misreading, but the books and articles I've seen
emphasize the importance of resizing in response to WM_SETTINGCHANGE.
But I rather like your idea, because none of my apps resize
themselves. They work well enough so no one thinks resizing is a high
priority. Now I have a reason to ignore WM_SETTINGCHANGE, unless it is
a problem for a specific screen.

>--
>Sincerely,
>Alexander

>http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

>> Hi all.
>> I am using dialog based application.in MFC evc 3.0
>> I have several input fields on my dialog.When ever i one SIP for inputting
>,
>> i am unable to see the characters typed in.SO the solution for this is to
>> resize the window while opening the sip and again reverting to old state
>> when sip is down.
>> In which events do we need to handle this situation.
>> If any one has peice of code for resizing , please send me .

>> Thanx in advance.
>> suri:-)

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
46 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111
www.penfact.com

SIP

Post by Alexander Shargi » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:39:26

In some cases resizing is necessary. If, for example, your entire main
window is occupied by a list or tree or edit box of some kind, resizing is a
good idea. If you don't do it, SIP will obscure the scroll bar, the user
won't be able to scroll the view, part of the view will be obscured etc. But
with dialogs it is better to design them so that all controls are above SIP.
It is also good to open SIP when the dialog is displayed and leave it opened
until the dialog is closed - it is more convenient for the user than to open
SIP to enter something to edit boxes and close to work with other controls
below. And if the controls are moved to be above SIP when it is opened, this
gets even more frustrating.

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

> >The event you are looking for is WM_SETTINGCHANGE message.

> >However this is not recommended to move your controls. This can irritate
the
> >user. It is usually better to redesign dialog so that all edit boxes are
> >visible when SIP is up. If this can't be done, devide your dialog into
> >several dialogs and make a property sheet/wizard from them.

> Perhaps I've been misreading, but the books and articles I've seen
> emphasize the importance of resizing in response to WM_SETTINGCHANGE.
> But I rather like your idea, because none of my apps resize
> themselves. They work well enough so no one thinks resizing is a high
> priority. Now I have a reason to ignore WM_SETTINGCHANGE, unless it is
> a problem for a specific screen.

> >--
> >Sincerely,
> >Alexander

> >http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

> >> Hi all.
> >> I am using dialog based application.in MFC evc 3.0
> >> I have several input fields on my dialog.When ever i one SIP for
inputting
> >,
> >> i am unable to see the characters typed in.SO the solution for this is
> >> resize the window while opening the sip and again reverting to old
state
> >> when sip is down.
> >> In which events do we need to handle this situation.
> >> If any one has peice of code for resizing , please send me .

> >> Thanx in advance.
> >> suri:-)

> To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and

please indicate which newsgroup and message).

Quote:

> Robert E. Zaret
> PenFact, Inc.
> 46 Beach Street
> Boston, MA 02111
> www.penfact.com

SIP

Post by Lucian Wischi » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:41:46

>Perhaps I've been misreading, but the books and articles I've seen
>emphasize the importance of resizing in response to WM_SETTINGCHANGE.

Well, if you have something like Word, or a DocList control, then this
always has to be resized (so the bottom of its scroll-bar remains
visible even with SIP up). I think this is the sort of thing that the
books and articles are talking about. As for the actual controls, no,
it'd get to confusing if they kept darting about.

--
Lucian

1. Q: Display SIP in kiosk mode without SIP or Start button

Hi,

I'm developping an application which uses kiosk mode.
But every time I display the current input panel,
the sip button and the windows start button are
also displayed. Then the user can start another program,
which is not desired.

How can I use a SIP keyboard without displaying
Sip button or Start button?

Thank you for your help
Ralph

2. Error 16 in pdf file?

3. SIP Keyboard Display problem

4. Mac mail help!

5. SIP Problem on Cassiopeia E200 Pocket PC 2002

6. QIF download corrupted entire balance sheet!

7. How to change SIP(Current IM)

8. XBOX and Burned Audio CD's

9. Bug? SIP\AllowChange is ignored

10. Disable automatic pop-up of SIP-keyboard?

11. Suggestion for SIP (Derek)

12. SIP Description Text

13. SIP 123 Key