Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

Post by sohh » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:13:04

When connecting my Cassiopeia E-125 trough the USB connection to my Win XP
PC, it syncronizes OK, but, after the sync, the Active Sync icon in the
"tray" turns grey and ActiveSync display the sign "NOT CONNECTED", not
allowing me to handle archives in my PPC by means of its EXPLORE option.
Want to know if its a problem of my system (PC/PPC) or a known bug, and if
there is a way to work that out.
Thanx

Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

Post by Flopzi » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:23:33

Ok, let's start by giving us some more info... what version of AS are you
using, can you sync the items selected or do it stop? Do you get an error
message?
Quick work around to check your hardware (PC) is to hard reset your device
(back it up to CF before) and then try to sync it again... If that works,
you might have had installed a buggy app on your PocketPC!!!

Sam
www.PocketPCpower.net

Quote:> When connecting my Cassiopeia E-125 trough the USB connection to my Win XP
> PC, it syncronizes OK, but, after the sync, the Active Sync icon in the
> "tray" turns grey and ActiveSync display the sign "NOT CONNECTED", not
> allowing me to handle archives in my PPC by means of its EXPLORE option.
> Want to know if its a problem of my system (PC/PPC) or a known bug, and if
> there is a way to work that out.
> Thanx

Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

Post by SKD2B » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:27:51

He is using 3.5 based on the subject line.  Anyways, I installed ActiveSync
3.5 on my Windows XP Pro (clean install) yesterday.  No problem just like
when I was still running XP Beta 2, RC1 and RC2.  Now RTM, OK.  I agree.  It
may just be a buggy PPC app.

> Ok, let's start by giving us some more info... what version of AS are you
> using, can you sync the items selected or do it stop? Do you get an error
> message?
> Quick work around to check your hardware (PC) is to hard reset your device
> (back it up to CF before) and then try to sync it again... If that works,
> you might have had installed a buggy app on your PocketPC!!!

> Sam
> www.PocketPCpower.net

> > When connecting my Cassiopeia E-125 trough the USB connection to my Win
XP
> > PC, it syncronizes OK, but, after the sync, the Active Sync icon in the
> > "tray" turns grey and ActiveSync display the sign "NOT CONNECTED", not
> > allowing me to handle archives in my PPC by means of its EXPLORE option.
> > Want to know if its a problem of my system (PC/PPC) or a known bug, and
if
> > there is a way to work that out.
> > Thanx

Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

Post by Flopzi » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:31:33

Oppss... my bad!!! Well still.... some more info would help!! ;)

Sam
www.PocketPcpower.net

> He is using 3.5 based on the subject line.  Anyways, I installed
ActiveSync
> 3.5 on my Windows XP Pro (clean install) yesterday.  No problem just like
> when I was still running XP Beta 2, RC1 and RC2.  Now RTM, OK.  I agree.
It
> may just be a buggy PPC app.

> > Ok, let's start by giving us some more info... what version of AS are
you
> > using, can you sync the items selected or do it stop? Do you get an
error
> > message?
> > Quick work around to check your hardware (PC) is to hard reset your
device
> > (back it up to CF before) and then try to sync it again... If that
works,
> > you might have had installed a buggy app on your PocketPC!!!

> > Sam
> > www.PocketPCpower.net

> > > When connecting my Cassiopeia E-125 trough the USB connection to my
Win
> XP
> > > PC, it syncronizes OK, but, after the sync, the Active Sync icon in
the
> > > "tray" turns grey and ActiveSync display the sign "NOT CONNECTED", not
> > > allowing me to handle archives in my PPC by means of its EXPLORE
option.
> > > Want to know if its a problem of my system (PC/PPC) or a known bug,
and
> if
> > > there is a way to work that out.
> > > Thanx

Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

Post by U_BE » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 05:39:55

it works fine with my XP (final release).

>Oppss... my bad!!! Well still.... some more info would help!! ;)

>Sam
>www.PocketPcpower.net

>> He is using 3.5 based on the subject line.  Anyways, I installed
>ActiveSync
>> 3.5 on my Windows XP Pro (clean install) yesterday.  No problem just like
>> when I was still running XP Beta 2, RC1 and RC2.  Now RTM, OK.  I agree.
>It
>> may just be a buggy PPC app.

>> > Ok, let's start by giving us some more info... what version of AS are
>you
>> > using, can you sync the items selected or do it stop? Do you get an
>error
>> > message?
>> > Quick work around to check your hardware (PC) is to hard reset your
>device
>> > (back it up to CF before) and then try to sync it again... If that
>works,
>> > you might have had installed a buggy app on your PocketPC!!!

>> > Sam
>> > www.PocketPCpower.net

>Win
>> XP
>the
>option.
>and
>> if

Problems with ActiveSync 3.5 on Windows XP

Post by Lauren J Levi, MC » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 05:55:17

Is the cradle connected through a USB hub, by chance?  Mine is and sometimes
the hub shuts itself off for no apparent reason, in which case I have to
disconnect and reconnect the hub, at which point everything kicks in....

--
Lauren J Levi, MCP

Quote:> When connecting my Cassiopeia E-125 trough the USB connection to my Win XP
> PC, it syncronizes OK, but, after the sync, the Active Sync icon in the
> "tray" turns grey and ActiveSync display the sign "NOT CONNECTED", not
> allowing me to handle archives in my PPC by means of its EXPLORE option.
> Want to know if its a problem of my system (PC/PPC) or a known bug, and if
> there is a way to work that out.
> Thanx

1. Help: iPAQ PPC 2002; ActiveSync 3.5; Windows XP; Office XP

When I attempt to use the Windows CE Inbox Transfer from Outlook, I get the
message that says, in part:

"Unable to connect to mobile device.  This version of Windows CE Inbox
Transfer will not function correctly with this device"

However ActiveSync works fine, even the sync of mail in my inbox.  I just
cannot manage the other mail folders with out the manual utility.

Any ideas?

2. Question: VT-100 and ANSI escape se

3. Calendar/Task refresh failure on iPAQ 3600 series with ActiveSync 3.5 & Windows XP Pro

4. How it's done in VED (Was GNU Emacs, memory usage etc)

5. Windows XP, Activesync 3.5, Synchronisation & Passwords

6. Cable modems in UK

7. IPAQ ActiveSync 3.1 & 3.5 WIndows 95 & XP

8. Security... Well, how secure are dbfs?

9. ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows xp

10. ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows XP

11. Activesync 3.5 vie ethernet to Windows XP server ?

12. Activesync 3.5 not working in windows xp

13. Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP