Negative unread in inbox (PPC 2002)

Post by Mauricio Freita » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 06:34:16

I read about this before and happened to me now, but couldn't find an answer
on Google groups search... Any ideas on how to fix this?

I can delete the service and recreate it, but I'm curious to know why...

Ciao!

--
Mauricio Freitas
http://www.geekzone.co.nz

Negative unread in inbox (PPC 2002)

Post by Eric Stee » Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:06:24

I just had this happen to me, and I think I know what
caused it.
1) I sync'd my PPC to my desktop.
2) I disconnected my PPC from desktop
3) I had an e-mail that I didn't want.  Here's the point I
deleted it on my PPC and also deleted it in my desktop
Outlook and THEN sync'd again.
4) When I re-sync'd I had an unread message on my PPC.
Even after moving all of my mail out of my inbox so that I
had zero messages in the Inbox the PPC reported
Inbox: ActiveSync 0 Items 1 Unread.

Luckily, I had just donw a backup of the PPC yesterday and
restored that.  That fixed it.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I read about this before and happened to me now, but

couldn't find an answer
Quote:>on Google groups search... Any ideas on how to fix this?

>I can delete the service and recreate it, but I'm curious
to know why...

>Ciao!

>--
>Mauricio Freitas
>http://www.geekzone.co.nz

>.

Negative unread in inbox (PPC 2002)

Post by Rob » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:31:31

I wrote a utility to fix this.  You can find it in
microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries.  The subject is "Utility to fix
incorrect folder unread counts in Inbox."

Quote:> I just had this happen to me, and I think I know what
> caused it.
> 1) I sync'd my PPC to my desktop.
> 2) I disconnected my PPC from desktop
> 3) I had an e-mail that I didn't want.  Here's the point I
> deleted it on my PPC and also deleted it in my desktop
> Outlook and THEN sync'd again.
> 4) When I re-sync'd I had an unread message on my PPC.
> Even after moving all of my mail out of my inbox so that I
> had zero messages in the Inbox the PPC reported
> Inbox: ActiveSync 0 Items 1 Unread.

> Luckily, I had just donw a backup of the PPC yesterday and
> restored that.  That fixed it.

1. Inbox -1 unread messages - PPC 2002, iPAQ 3870

My InBox is showing -1 unread messages when empty, and one fewer than
there actually are when there are unread mails.

I have closed the app, and tried a soft reset - all to no avail.

I guess there is some sort of counter in the registry that has got out
of synch.  Anyone know if this is true / where it is / have a better
idea?

I could only find a couple of other references to this issue in the
past.  For the record, I think it happened when I tried to open a
message whilst downloading mails.  The download process for each
message seems to start with an empty message popping in at the top,
<No author> <No subject>.  These fields are then quickly populated
when the details are received from the server.  I accidentially opened
this message, and then later opened the real message - hence InBox
could think I had opened it twice.

Thanks
Alastair.

2. The reverse of Bcc

3. IMAP Inbox shows unread messages but i don't have unread messages

4. X-Authentification

5. negative number of unread messages in pocket outlook

6. Sendmail and ipchains for blocking

7. negative unread message count

8. Routing problems (for lack of a better subject line)

9. Negative unread messages.

10. Negative Items in Inbox

11. Pocket Outlook Inbox Add-ins

12. Are there any Inbox POP3 Plug-Ins?

13. "Inbox: nn Unread messages" in Today