FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Micha » Tue, 21 May 2002 07:16:23

Is there something out there for this?

THX!

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by David Conge » Tue, 21 May 2002 07:44:43

Not really.  There are products that will let you caputre radio on your
computer and then play it back on your PDA, but I doubt that is what you
want.  Get WI-FI and you can stream it locally.

Dave
www.davespda.com

Quote:> Is there something out there for this?

> THX!

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Brian O'Neil » Tue, 21 May 2002 07:56:20

Quote:> Not really.  There are products that will let you caputre radio on your
> computer and then play it back on your PDA, but I doubt that is what you
> want.  Get WI-FI and you can stream it locally.

Or you can get this new device.  It's called a RADIO!!

I love my iPAQ, but geez, let's not make it so the simple solution eludes
us, folks!

--
TIME ELAPSED SINCE I QUIT SMOKING:
Two years, one month, one week, three days, 20 hours, 55 minutes and 47

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Robert M Kosti » Tue, 21 May 2002 08:16:30

A RADIO is just another thing to carry in addition to my PDA and cell phone.
(I wouldn't mind an AM/FM solution -- a CF-radio card or something would be
nice.)

> > Not really.  There are products that will let you caputre radio on your
> > computer and then play it back on your PDA, but I doubt that is what you
> > want.  Get WI-FI and you can stream it locally.

> Or you can get this new device.  It's called a RADIO!!

> I love my iPAQ, but geez, let's not make it so the simple solution eludes
> us, folks!

> --
> TIME ELAPSED SINCE I QUIT SMOKING:
> Two years, one month, one week, three days, 20 hours, 55 minutes and 47
> seconds.
> 30834 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3,854.36.
> Life saved: 15 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes.
> See my Sig File FAQ:  http://pages.prodigy.net/briank.o/SigFAQ.htm

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Janett » Tue, 21 May 2002 08:29:53

A long time ago in a galaxy far far way  "Brian O'Neill"

>Or you can get this new device.  It's called a RADIO!!

Why go through all the trouble to have radio on your
ppc when you can go down to Radio Shack and
get a radio for under $10.00?

Why go through all the trouble to have TV on your
ppc when you can get a portable TV for around $100.00
or less?

Why go through all the trouble to have your ppc
act as a remote control when you can get a universal
remote for under $20.00?

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Robert M Kosti » Tue, 21 May 2002 09:07:54

I want my PDA-Radio!

> A long time ago in a galaxy far far way  "Brian O'Neill"

> >Or you can get this new device.  It's called a RADIO!!

> Why go through all the trouble to have radio on your
> ppc when you can go down to Radio Shack and
> get a radio for under $10.00?

> Why go through all the trouble to have TV on your
> ppc when you can get a portable TV for around $100.00
> or less?

> Why go through all the trouble to have your ppc
> act as a remote control when you can get a universal
> remote for under $20.00?

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Tom Robinso » Tue, 21 May 2002 09:08:15

> A long time ago in a galaxy far far way  "Brian O'Neill"

> >Or you can get this new device.  It's called a RADIO!!

> Why go through all the trouble to have radio on your
> ppc when you can go down to Radio Shack and
> get a radio for under $10.00?

> Why go through all the trouble to have TV on your
> ppc when you can get a portable TV for around $100.00
> or less?

> Why go through all the trouble to have your ppc
> act as a remote control when you can get a universal
> remote for under $20.00?

Why bother having playing games on your PPC when you can get a GBA for under
$100

Why bother having using your PPC as a diary when you can buy one for $3

:|

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by knightwrangle » Tue, 21 May 2002 09:24:20

And the No.1 reason we want this is...........because we're all GEEKS!!!

Now is everyone happy ? (Clap your hands)

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Brian O'Neil » Tue, 21 May 2002 09:36:02

Quote:> And the No.1 reason we want this is...........because we're all GEEKS!!!

> Now is everyone happy ? (Clap your hands)

As long as SOMEBODY admitted it...

--
TIME ELAPSED SINCE I QUIT SMOKING:
Two years, one month, one week, three days, 22 hours, 35 minutes and 57
See my Sig File FAQ:  http://pages.prodigy.net/briank.o/SigFAQ.htm

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Janett » Tue, 21 May 2002 10:10:22

So you will spend $100 for something you can get at Radio
Shack for $5-10.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=137208

That sounds logical.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far way  "Tom Robinson"

>> A long time ago in a galaxy far far way  "Brian O'Neill"

>> >Or you can get this new device.  It's called a RADIO!!

>> Why go through all the trouble to have radio on your
>> ppc when you can go down to Radio Shack and
>> get a radio for under $10.00?

>> Why go through all the trouble to have TV on your
>> ppc when you can get a portable TV for around $100.00
>> or less?

>> Why go through all the trouble to have your ppc
>> act as a remote control when you can get a universal
>> remote for under $20.00?

>Why bother having playing games on your PPC when you can get a GBA for under
>$100

>Why bother having using your PPC as a diary when you can buy one for $3

>:|

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Robert M Kosti » Tue, 21 May 2002 10:17:31

You must be new here. YES!  I would!  In a heartbeat.  :o)
(Well..., probably not $100.  It would have to be competitive.  Say $25 or
so.  I wouldn't mind paying a $15 premium for the benefit of NOT having to
lug yet another device.)

<<snip>>

Quote:> So you will spend $100 for something you can get at Radio
> Shack for $5-10.

> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=137208

> That sounds logical.

<<snip>>

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Janett » Tue, 21 May 2002 10:42:56

A long time ago in a galaxy far far way  "Robert M Kostin"

>You must be new here. YES!  I would!  In a heartbeat.  :o)
>(Well..., probably not $100.  It would have to be competitive.  Say $25 or
>so.  I wouldn't mind paying a $15 premium for the benefit of NOT having to
>lug yet another device.)

Since $100 is the price they are charging for
a desktop version I would expect a ppc version
 to be equal or greater in price.

I'm glad you have all that money burning a hole in your
pocket.   I don't.  I on the other hand don't have
unlimited amounts of money, I want an hp568
so i'll wait and get it when hp closes them out for
1/2 price.

You are dreaming if you think you are going to get a radio
for the ppc at $15-$25.  Try more  like $100-$200.
Looking at the price for a desktop version the ppc version
will be at that much or more.

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Sven » Tue, 21 May 2002 11:23:39

OK all you geeks, go to http://www.cifani.it/cebit2002.htm, scroll to the
very bottom, look left.  So now you have something to live for.  It's
Italian  and the operative word is prototype. No, I don't know anymore about
it. Find somebody that went to CEBit and ask them.  BTW, about a third of
the way back up is early pictures of the Pretec CF camera that is actually
for sale now.

Personally, I think the biggest drawback to this sort of thing will be
battery life.

Quote:> Is there something out there for this?

> THX!

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Micha » Tue, 21 May 2002 14:45:05

> OK all you geeks, go to http://www.cifani.it/cebit2002.htm, scroll to the
> very bottom, look left.  So now you have something to live for.  It's
> Italian  and the operative word is prototype. No, I don't know anymore about
> it. Find somebody that went to CEBit and ask them.  BTW, about a third of
> the way back up is early pictures of the Pretec CF camera that is actually
> for sale now.

> Personally, I think the biggest drawback to this sort of thing will be
> battery life.

Nice link, Sven.  Looks like the radio is just around the corner.

I would think that this would be a FANTASTIC option for the mainstream
consumer.

A need... no.  However, many people will want.  Therefore, they will
fly off the shelves.

FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

Post by Janett » Tue, 21 May 2002 14:55:54

Type 2?

A long time ago in a galaxy far far way  "Sven"