iPaq Leather Case found (nice)

Post by richard_p_har.. » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have been searching for a nice leather case for my new iPaq that
would also fit the darn CF expansion sleeve once it comes in.  I looked
and the Rhino Skin but it looks cheap, I'm looking for something more
professional looking.  Well I think I found a nice one from TUMI, it's
comes in two forms, zipper and snap.  They are a bit high priced at $60
and $48 respectively.  But they are very well constructed are wide
enough to accomadate my foldable headphones, have a little pocket for a
stylus, and on the inside cover there is room for a few cards etc.  I
would include a link here but their web site hides the actual URL, so
go to www.tumi.com then choose "Product Directory", scroll down to
Technical Accessory Cases and then the first two items are the PDA
cases.  The iPaq with the standard sleve fits very nice with room to
spare on the sides and thickness as well, that's why I expect it to
work with the CF.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

iPaq Leather Case found (nice)

Post by James de'Armon » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the post. I went to their site and noticed they have listings of
several stores in my area that carry their products. I'm going to go check
them out later today. I'll report back if I find out anything interesting
about their cases.

James

Quote:> I have been searching for a nice leather case for my new iPaq that
> would also fit the darn CF expansion sleeve once it comes in.  I looked
> and the Rhino Skin but it looks cheap, I'm looking for something more
> professional looking.  Well I think I found a nice one from TUMI, it's
> comes in two forms, zipper and snap.  They are a bit high priced at $60
> and $48 respectively.  But they are very well constructed are wide
> enough to accomadate my foldable headphones, have a little pocket for a
> stylus, and on the inside cover there is room for a few cards etc.  I
> would include a link here but their web site hides the actual URL, so
> go to www.tumi.com then choose "Product Directory", scroll down to
> Technical Accessory Cases and then the first two items are the PDA
> cases.  The iPaq with the standard sleve fits very nice with room to
> spare on the sides and thickness as well, that's why I expect it to
> work with the CF.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

iPaq Leather Case found (nice)

Post by Leon Schel » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Richard,

Just a tip: if you shift-click the last link you encounter, e.g. SMALL
ZIP-AROUND PDA CASE, a new browser window will open wilth the correct link
revealed: http://www.tumi.com/products/product.asp?prodnum=401

Leon

Quote:> I have been searching for a nice leather case for my new iPaq that
> would also fit the darn CF expansion sleeve once it comes in.  I looked
> and the Rhino Skin but it looks cheap, I'm looking for something more
> professional looking.  Well I think I found a nice one from TUMI, it's
> comes in two forms, zipper and snap.  They are a bit high priced at $60
> and $48 respectively.  But they are very well constructed are wide
> enough to accomadate my foldable headphones, have a little pocket for a
> stylus, and on the inside cover there is room for a few cards etc.  I
> would include a link here but their web site hides the actual URL, so
> go to www.tumi.com then choose "Product Directory", scroll down to
> Technical Accessory Cases and then the first two items are the PDA
> cases.  The iPaq with the standard sleve fits very nice with room to
> spare on the sides and thickness as well, that's why I expect it to
> work with the CF.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

iPaq Leather Case found (nice)

Post by Jeff Wiesendange » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Another tip--if you right click the link you want, the menu contains "copy
shortcut" which will copy the link to your clipboard.

Jeff

> Richard,

> Just a tip: if you shift-click the last link you encounter, e.g. SMALL
> ZIP-AROUND PDA CASE, a new browser window will open wilth the correct link
> revealed: http://www.tumi.com/products/product.asp?prodnum=401

> Leon

> > I have been searching for a nice leather case for my new iPaq that
> > would also fit the darn CF expansion sleeve once it comes in.  I looked
> > and the Rhino Skin but it looks cheap, I'm looking for something more
> > professional looking.  Well I think I found a nice one from TUMI, it's
> > comes in two forms, zipper and snap.  They are a bit high priced at $60
> > and $48 respectively.  But they are very well constructed are wide
> > enough to accomadate my foldable headphones, have a little pocket for a
> > stylus, and on the inside cover there is room for a few cards etc.  I
> > would include a link here but their web site hides the actual URL, so
> > go to www.tumi.com then choose "Product Directory", scroll down to
> > Technical Accessory Cases and then the first two items are the PDA
> > cases.  The iPaq with the standard sleve fits very nice with room to
> > spare on the sides and thickness as well, that's why I expect it to
> > work with the CF.

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

1. Wow - the free leather case is VERY nice for iPaq with CF sleeve

I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get a chance, but for now, I can't
imagine a better case for the iPaq than the free leather one from the
refer-a-friend program.   Soft, dark brown leather btw.  It fits the iPaq
with the CF sleeve.  I have 6 credit cards and my drivers license in it and
will probably just start using this for my wallet.

I will say though, sadly, that's it's just too big for my jeans pocket any
more : (    Personally I have a real problem with my PocketPC not fitting in
my POCKET....   but I'm into the whole truth in advertising thing...  Oh
well, the devices will all be a lot thinner in a year.  Personally, I don't
know if I'll go the route of belt clip or just carrying it, probably the
latter.

Refer your friends (preferably new customers to grow the PPC market instead
of just pretend friends that already have PPCs) the case is VERY nice!

TT

2. SQLConnection in an object opened through reflection

3. Anyone have a nice IPAQ leather case with belt clip???

4. ListBox Question

5. Anyone seen any nice leather cases for the 3800 iPAQ

6. ANN: NewDeal Mail List

7. Free Leather Case from Microsoft - very nice (description)

8. tiny & convenient change for /acme/mail/Mail

9. IPAQ impossible to find: Anything as nice at all coming up??

10. Best leather case for IPAQ + CF sleeve ?

11. Leather Case UK - Ipaq

12. Leather version of standard Ipaq case?