Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

Post by John » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:54:56

I had a spell checker in pocket work when I first got my
Toshiba e310 and today I noticed that the spell check
option on the tools menu has vanished.  Anyone know what
would cause this.  The help manual on the PPC does not
give any info about spell checking.  I really like that
feature seeing as I can't spell that great and now it is
gone.

John B.

Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

Post by Jared Miniman, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:16:33

Whoa--check to see if you have Terminal Services preinstalled in ROM.
If not, the e310 is Professional Edition of PPC 2002--I didn't think
anyone was shipping new devices with Pro, not Premium!

--
Jared Miniman, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
-------

ActiveSync problems?
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/support/help/activesync.asp
Connection Mngr Q's?
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/tutorials/connectionmanager

Quote:> I had a spell checker in pocket work when I first got my
> Toshiba e310 and today I noticed that the spell check
> option on the tools menu has vanished.  Anyone know what
> would cause this.  The help manual on the PPC does not
> give any info about spell checking.  I really like that
> feature seeing as I can't spell that great and now it is
> gone.

> John B.

Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

Post by John » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:00:32

OK where do I find Terminal Services in the Rom?  I'm
still I new to these things.  The CD case states that it
is "PocketPC 2002 Premium w/ Outlook 2002"  I confused as
to what you were trying to say about pro/premium.  Could
you please clearify.

John B.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Whoa--check to see if you have Terminal Services

preinstalled in ROM.
>If not, the e310 is Professional Edition of PPC 2002--I
didn't think
>anyone was shipping new devices with Pro, not Premium!

>--
>Jared Miniman, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
>-------
>Editor In-Chief
>pocketnow.com -- it's all about portability...
>http://www.pocketnow.com

>ActiveSync problems?
>http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/support/help/act
ivesync.asp
>Connection Mngr Q's?
>http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/tutorials/connec
tionmanager

>> I had a spell checker in pocket work when I first got
my
>> Toshiba e310 and today I noticed that the spell check
>> option on the tools menu has vanished.  Anyone know
what
>> would cause this.  The help manual on the PPC does not
>> give any info about spell checking.  I really like that
>> feature seeing as I can't spell that great and now it
is
>> gone.

>> John B.

>.

Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

Post by Marc Zimmermann [Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:10:48

Quote:>OK where do I find Terminal Services in the Rom?

When you open Start/Programs, do you see MSN Messenger, Microsoft
Reader and Terminal Services Client? If you didn't install them, they
were in ROM as they should have been in Pocket PC 2002 Premium
Edition.

In contrast, Pocket PC 2002 Professional Edition should only be around
as upgrades for older Pocket PC 2000 devices such as the Compaq iPAQ

version, you need to install the aforementioned applications into RAM.

--

Pocket PC User Group  http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Personal Homepage  http://www.zimac.de

Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

Post by John » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:21:30

OK all the software you listed was found in the programs
folder.  Still wandering what happened to Pocket Word's
spell checker though.

John B.

devices with this
>version, you need to install the aforementioned

applications into RAM.

Quote:

>--
>Marc Zimmermann
>Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

>Pocket PC User Group  http://www.pocketpc-users.de
>Personal Homepage  http://www.zimac.de
>.

Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

Post by Marc Zimmermann [Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:26:51

Quote:>OK all the software you listed was found in the programs
>folder.  Still wandering what happened to Pocket Word's
>spell checker though.

Maybe some registry corruption. If a soft reset doesn't fix it, you might
want to do a hard reset to restore it.

--
Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Pocket PC User Group  http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Personal Homepage  http://www.zimac.de

Spell Checker in Pocket Word Vanished

Post by John » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:54:10

I reinstalled Outlook 2002 on the desktop(laptop) that I
sync with and spellchecker is back now.  I doubt it can be
this but after uninstalling outlook I lost the spell
checker in PocketWord, reinstall outlook and PocketWord
spellchecker is back.  If others in here are bored and
want to see what theirs do and reply let me know.  Also I
kept canceling out of the install prompts that kept
popping up when syncing the e310 with the "desktop".
These 2 devices are set up as primary active sync relation
things.

John B.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I had a spell checker in pocket work when I first got my
>Toshiba e310 and today I noticed that the spell check
>option on the tools menu has vanished.  Anyone know what
>would cause this.  The help manual on the PPC does not
>give any info about spell checking.  I really like that
>feature seeing as I can't spell that great and now it is
>gone.

>John B.
>.

1. Pocket Word + Pocket Encarta != Spell Checker?!

I've been so busy playing PAC-MAN and trying to get the eVC debugger
working on my 98SE desktop I hadn't had much time to fool with many built
in apps..

Am I blind or is there no option to use the freebie dictonary to spell
check in Pocket Word?

--
ROT-13 to E-MAIL

2. validaor control on dynamic dropdowns

3. Pocket Word Spell Checker

4. Free PC phone

5. Help, I need a spell checker for pocket Word & Excel

6. Don't worry

7. How do I get the Pocket Word Spell Checker?

8. PGP for MAC OSX?

9. Spell Checker in Pocket Word

10. Spell Checker won't check spelling

11. Spell checker in Word 2002

12. spell checker for word / inbox

13. ANN: New Multilingual Spell checker for Pocket PCs