How to load a bitmap from a BMP file?

Post by Mikko Noroma » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 01:04:43

I am writing a program for Compaq iPaq PDA. I need to be able to load
bitmaps from BMP files in my program. Under full Win32 I can do this with
LoadImage() by specifying LR_LOADFROMFILE in fuLoad parameter. However,
WinCE does not support the LR_LOADFROMFILE flag.

Is there another way of loading a BMP file with plain WinCE API's? If not,
does anyone know of a C or C++ library that would do this?

--

Noromaa Solutions - see http://www.excelsql.com

How to load a bitmap from a BMP file?

Post by ppcinf » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 02:27:34

I believe you can use this function:

LoadBitmap();

-ppcinfo

> I am writing a program for Compaq iPaq PDA. I need to be able to load
> bitmaps from BMP files in my program. Under full Win32 I can do this with
> LoadImage() by specifying LR_LOADFROMFILE in fuLoad parameter. However,
> WinCE does not support the LR_LOADFROMFILE flag.

> Is there another way of loading a BMP file with plain WinCE API's? If not,
> does anyone know of a C or C++ library that would do this?

> --

> Noromaa Solutions - see http://www.excelsql.com

How to load a bitmap from a BMP file?

Post by Vassili Philippo » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 02:32:19

Use SHLoadDIBitmap function. It will do what you need.

Vassili Philippov

How to load a bitmap from a BMP file?

Post by Noam » Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:52:06

You can also use VOImage package from
http://www.voscorp.com/asp/PPC/Dev/VOImage/default.asp
which make loading images other them bmp much more easy.
-Noam

> I am writing a program for Compaq iPaq PDA. I need to be able to load
> bitmaps from BMP files in my program. Under full Win32 I can do this with
> LoadImage() by specifying LR_LOADFROMFILE in fuLoad parameter. However,
> WinCE does not support the LR_LOADFROMFILE flag.

> Is there another way of loading a BMP file with plain WinCE API's? If not,
> does anyone know of a C or C++ library that would do this?

> --

> Noromaa Solutions - see http://www.excelsql.com

I have seen several questions regarding BMP file loading and
CreateDIBSection().

I have a sample program with source that loads BMP files and adds RLE
support to the CE platforms.  The program loads BMP files from disk and
displays them in the main window.

It automatically adds proportional scrollbars to the window if needed.  The
code compiles and runs on all of the emulators and was tested HPC2000
(Jornado 720) and PPC2002 (Jornada 568).  The code also compiles for Win32
and runs on 95,98,NT,2K and XP.

The example executables are compiled with my DIB library that supports RLE
compression on all of the above platforms and uses CreateDIBSection().  The
sample source code uses a the LoadImage() and SHLoadDIBitmap() routines and
do not support RLE compression.

Download if your interested at:

www.forbisoft.com

2. MAKE MONEY

3. Sample C code to load and draw a bitmap from file?

4. Simple question about my web host

5. Sample: How to load a bitmap from file

6. box around clicked hyperlink

7. How to load bitmap from file.

8. How do I get ragged alignment in table?

9. How can convert .PSW file (POCKET WORD file) to BMP file?

10. My ipaq tries to load jpg's instead of bmp's

11. Why I cann't convert .pwi file to bmp file?

12. Converting a PWI file to a BMP file?

13. Is it possible to load a XML Document from file into XDLDOM using Load in PIE?