Netfront problem

Post by Thomas Borcher » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:22:27

Hi all,

I have a problem with the demo version of Netfront: Every time I start
it up, it says it's creating the environment file. Then, after a while,
it says "Can't create file". Then, it functions normally. On the next
start, same thing. Is this a limitation of the demo?

Thanks!

--
 Thomas Borchert, Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:20 +0200

Netfront problem

Post by Todd Allco » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:03:07

> Hi all,

> I have a problem with the demo version of Netfront: Every time I start
> it up, it says it's creating the environment file. Then, after a while,
> it says "Can't create file". Then, it functions normally. On the next
> start, same thing. Is this a limitation of the demo?

Sounds like you are being a bad boy and are trying to run NF from
a storage card!  Bad Thomas!  You are supposed let NF chew up all
the memory in your PPC!  ;-)

NF hangs forever when first started if it can't find the file
"NFv30.che".  That's the file it's trying to create because it thinks
it's missing.  For whatever reason, this 100k file has to be in the
default main memory install directory of /Program Files/NetFront3.

The way I did it was to install NF to storage card first, create
the required directory in main memory, and copy the
aforementioned file, all the other small files (just to be
safe,) and the cache directory to the NetFront3 directory
in main memory.

Good luck!

Netfront problem

Post by Thomas Borcher » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:30:14

Todd,

Ah! There we go. No, I'm not a bad boy in that regard, I'm a bad boy in
that I'm a proud member of Old Europe. My German Pocket OS has a folder
called "Programme", which is German for "Program Files". Will try to
create a folder "Program Files" and go from there. Also, I will port it
to the storage card, as you described. This thing is just too big.

Thanks!

--
 Thomas Borchert, Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:24 +0200

1. Five copies of Access Netfront Browser to giveaway at Geekzone

Yep, that's right! We have five copies of this great browser, reviewed at
Geekzone http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=505 before. The
browser supports html, wml, dhtml, style sheets, javascript, tabbed browsing
and more!

This competition (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=940) goes
until 29th June 2003, and it's open to all of our registered users.

Happy browsing!

--
Mauricio Freitas
Handhelds, mobile: http://www.geekzone.co.nz or

2. Alternative To Newbridge 3624 T1 Multiplexer?

3. avantgo with netfront 3

4. List of Enhancements & New Capabilities of COSMOS/Works 7.0 in Spanish

5. Help for a NetFront user?

6. Please, I need an HP BIOS setup BIOS utility for a 286AT. Thanks

7. Netfront Browser & e740?

8. Data Question

9. Netfront & temporary internet files

10. Netfront availability