ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.70 for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Handheld PC and Palm-size PC

ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.70 for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Handheld PC and Palm-size PC

Post by Philippe Majerus, MS-MVP Mobile Device » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:40:47

PHM Registry Editor 0.70, the Pocket PC Awards 2002 winner just got better,
and is ready for download !

PHM Registry Editor is a freeware registry editor for Windows powered Pocket
PC, Smartphone, Handheld PC and Palm-size PC.

This new version brings you registry backup and restore ability as well as
many code and user interface enhancements.

New features includes :
- Registry Backup/Restore
- Better error handling and messages
- Code optimization
- Fixed "New key" duplication when creating new ones before renaming them
- Better user interface
and last but not least...
- Smartphone Edition !!!

Release notes:
- Still no .reg import function, that's planned, but I did not have the time
to code that yet...

Pocket PC Edition :
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit
Smartphone Edition :
http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit
Handheld PC Edition :
http://www.phm.lu/Products/HandheldPC/RegEdit
Palm-size PC Edition :
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PalmsizePC/RegEdit
(installation can be done through the desktop using the zip archive, or
directly on the device using cab files)

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome :-)

--
Philippe Majerus
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)

ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.70 for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Handheld PC and Palm-size PC

Post by David Hettel Microsoft - MVP - Mobile Device » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:11:35

Thanks Philippe it is a great program! Works great on my iPAQ 3970

--
David Hettel
Microsoft - MVP - Mobile Devices

Quote:> PHM Registry Editor 0.70, the Pocket PC Awards 2002 winner just got
> better,
> and is ready for download !

> PHM Registry Editor is a freeware registry editor for Windows powered
> Pocket
> PC, Smartphone, Handheld PC and Palm-size PC.

> This new version brings you registry backup and restore ability as well as
> many code and user interface enhancements.

> New features includes :
> - Registry Backup/Restore
> - Better error handling and messages
> - Code optimization
> - Fixed "New key" duplication when creating new ones before renaming them
> - Better user interface
> and last but not least...
> - Smartphone Edition !!!

> Release notes:
> - Still no .reg import function, that's planned, but I did not have the
> time
> to code that yet...

> Pocket PC Edition :
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit
> Smartphone Edition :
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit
> Handheld PC Edition :
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/HandheldPC/RegEdit
> Palm-size PC Edition :
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/PalmsizePC/RegEdit
> (installation can be done through the desktop using the zip archive, or
> directly on the device using cab files)

> As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome :-)

> --
> Philippe Majerus
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)
> Pocket PC software and stuff - http://www.phm.lu/products
> Computer Documentation - http://www.phm.lu/documentation

1. Windows CE, Pocket PC, Handheld PC, and Palm-size PC platforms & SDKs

Hello,
    I seriously planning to buy myself a Pocket PC because it can double as my PIM and my MP3 player.  So I decided I could do a little more with it and start developing some applications for the platform.  I downloaded Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 and the Pocket PC 2002 SDK.  I only installed eMbedded Visual Basic 3.0 and when I started it, it said that I needed to install one of the SDKs.  Looking at the SDKs, I saw there were four (including the separate Pocket PC 2002 SDK download):

Microsoft Windows CE: Platform SDK for HandHeld PC Pro
Microsoft Windows CE: Platform SDK for Palm-size PC 1.2
Microsoft Windows Platform SDK for Pocket PC
Microsoft Windows Platform SDK for Pocket PC 2002

    This got me really confused.  I thought that all of these were just different names for one OS, originally named Windows CE.  Or are each of these just variations of Windows CE, each designed specifically for each type of device?  Also, I've heard of Windows CE .NET being a new product, but the only Microsoft OS I see on PDAs is Pocket PC or Pocket PC 2002.  Can anyone sort and explain this mish-mash of names for me?

Thanks a lot,
Roberto

2. Eudora to Mac OS X mail

3. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.64 : Pocket PC

4. Solution Architect - Pre/Post Sales - SaaS - Java/J2EE/SOA/Portals - N. 128 Area of MA - Up to $130K+

5. Handheld PC vs Palm-size PC

6. drivers for TELES AG

7. registry editor for Pocket Pc (not a remote Registry editor).

8. server extensions and personal web server

9. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.65

10. ANN: Kilmist Released Registry Editor for Pocket PC.

11. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.63

12. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.6 !