POP3 and SMTP access

Post by T-Shir » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:10:59

Hi folks,

I would like to know if there is a free service on the internet that provide
a mailbox with a POP3 and SMTP access.

TIA.

T-Shirt.

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by John Jorda » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:40:13

There are hundreds of free ISP's , just sign up to one (you don't have to
use their dial up to use their POP3 server - thats the whole idea of POP3
isn't it ? )

JJ

Quote:> Hi folks,

> I would like to know if there is a free service on the internet that
provide
> a mailbox with a POP3 and SMTP access.

> TIA.

> T-Shirt.

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by T-Shir » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:32:44

Thanks for your reply, John.

Could you please mention a few of them?  You could send it privately to me
if you'd like.

TIA.

T-Shirt.

| There are hundreds of free ISP's , just sign up to one (you don't have to
| use their dial up to use their POP3 server - thats the whole idea of POP3
| isn't it ? )
|
| JJ
|

| > Hi folks,
| >
| > I would like to know if there is a free service on the internet that
| provide
| > a mailbox with a POP3 and SMTP access.
| >

| > TIA.
| >
| > T-Shirt.

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by BamBa » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:57:18

Pop access to email is generally very easy and you can usually download mail
from a POP3 mailbox vai any internet link. Sending email via an ISP's SMTP
server generally requires that you be logged on to the ISP's domain directly
via a dialup - this is to prevent SPAM.

Free ISPs that do this are very rare.

In other words when using free ISPs, receiving mail = easy. Sending = hard

Good luck

--
BamBam

> There are hundreds of free ISP's , just sign up to one (you don't have to
> use their dial up to use their POP3 server - thats the whole idea of POP3
> isn't it ? )

> JJ

> > Hi folks,

> > I would like to know if there is a free service on the internet that
> provide
> > a mailbox with a POP3 and SMTP access.

> > TIA.

> > T-Shirt.

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by T-Shir » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:15:27

Hi Bambam,

Thanks for you treasurous information.

I kinda understand what's the circumstances.  I personally face with my
office's SMTP server being unable to be access outside the office, meaning
that I cannot get to the SMTP server from IP addresses other than those
provided by the network administrator here.

So, I can connect to my office's POP3 Server while I cannot do the same with
the SMTP server.

Hhmmm ... I really need an SMTP access since I need to send real e-mails
(not spamming e-mails).

Thanks.

T-Shirt.

| Pop access to email is generally very easy and you can usually download
mail
| from a POP3 mailbox vai any internet link. Sending email via an ISP's SMTP
| server generally requires that you be logged on to the ISP's domain
directly
| via a dialup - this is to prevent SPAM.
|
| Free ISPs that do this are very rare.
|
| In other words when using free ISPs, receiving mail = easy. Sending = hard
|
| Good luck
|
| --
| BamBam

<snip>

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by John Jorda » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:46:35

You could always use a web based mail service to send (hotmail for example).

You can set up HOTMAIL to appear to be sending mails from your POP3 account
(set the 'reply to' field).

This may not be ideal, but it may work until you find an SMTP server you can
log onto without dialing in.

JJ

Quote:> Hi folks,

> I would like to know if there is a free service on the internet that
provide
> a mailbox with a POP3 and SMTP access.

> TIA.

> T-Shirt.

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by Frank McPhers » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 05:50:59

An option is smtp.com however you will have to pay. While I understand
your preference for something free, I think that the best way to configure
something as important as email its best to invest a little money to pay
for the service.

> Hi Bambam,
> Thanks for you treasurous information.
> I kinda understand what's the circumstances.  I personally face with my
> office's SMTP server being unable to be access outside the office, meaning
> that I cannot get to the SMTP server from IP addresses other than those
> provided by the network administrator here.
> So, I can connect to my office's POP3 Server while I cannot do the same with
> the SMTP server.
> Hhmmm ... I really need an SMTP access since I need to send real e-mails
> (not spamming e-mails).
> Thanks.
> T-Shirt.

> | Pop access to email is generally very easy and you can usually download
> mail
> | from a POP3 mailbox vai any internet link. Sending email via an ISP's SMTP
> | server generally requires that you be logged on to the ISP's domain
> directly
> | via a dialup - this is to prevent SPAM.
> |
> | Free ISPs that do this are very rare.
> |
> | In other words when using free ISPs, receiving mail = easy. Sending = hard
> |
> | Good luck
> |
> | --
> | BamBam
> <snip>

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by T-Shir » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:20:11

Thanks for the tips, John.

Regards,

T-Shirt.

| You could always use a web based mail service to send (hotmail for
example).

| You can set up HOTMAIL to appear to be sending mails from your POP3
account
| (set the 'reply to' field).
|
| This may not be ideal, but it may work until you find an SMTP server you
can
| log onto without dialing in.
|
| JJ
|

| > Hi folks,
| >
| > I would like to know if there is a free service on the internet that
| provide
| > a mailbox with a POP3 and SMTP access.
| >

| > TIA.
| >
| > T-Shirt.

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by T-Shir » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:19:53

Thanks for your reply, Frank.

I'll try the smtp.com and when I found it worth, I will consider the
service.

Although I prefer something free, I don't want to depend on free stuff a
lot.  Yes, free stuff may not be always bad but I always try free stuff
before I decide to pay for non-free stuff.

Regards,

T-Shirt.

| An option is smtp.com however you will have to pay. While I understand
| your preference for something free, I think that the best way to configure
| something as important as email its best to invest a little money to pay
| for the service.
|

| > Hi Bambam,
|
| > Thanks for you treasurous information.
|
| > I kinda understand what's the circumstances.  I personally face with my
| > office's SMTP server being unable to be access outside the office,
meaning
| > that I cannot get to the SMTP server from IP addresses other than those
| > provided by the network administrator here.
|
| > So, I can connect to my office's POP3 Server while I cannot do the same
with
| > the SMTP server.
|
| > Hhmmm ... I really need an SMTP access since I need to send real e-mails
| > (not spamming e-mails).
|

| > Thanks.
|
| > T-Shirt.
|

| > | Pop access to email is generally very easy and you can usually
download
| > mail
| > | from a POP3 mailbox vai any internet link. Sending email via an ISP's
SMTP
| > | server generally requires that you be logged on to the ISP's domain
| > directly
| > | via a dialup - this is to prevent SPAM.
| > |
| > | Free ISPs that do this are very rare.
| > |
| > | In other words when using free ISPs, receiving mail = easy. Sending =
hard
| > |
| > | Good luck
| > |
| > | --
| > | BamBam
|
| > <snip>

POP3 and SMTP access

Post by ranger170 » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:30:55

check out softhome.net  free pop3 email, attachments and all.  works great.
Like hotmail, two levels, $20/yr for the big acct, free for the small.

Quote:> Hi folks,

> I would like to know if there is a free service on the internet that
provide
> a mailbox with a POP3 and SMTP access.

> TIA.

> T-Shirt.

1. POP3 SMTP Server Authentication

I am using a AirWave Card with my iPAQ.  I can use it to
POP my e-mail down from my ISP e-mail system.  I go
through Sprint PCS to get to Internet and have obtained a
SMTP Server on the PCS system to "send" e-mail.
Unfortunately, the SMTP server requires a UserID and
Password to send e-mail -- and my ISP requires a UserID
and Password.  In the Inbox setup in Pocket PC, it only
gives me the option to enter "User Information" one time --
 it doesn't separate out POP Incoming and SMTP Outgoing
UserID's and Passwords?    Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

2. Schematic Capture, PCB Layout/Router programs

3. Same Mailbox, Different servers/username/password for POP3/SMTP

4. Cannot format a drive

5. Mail service with POP3 and SMTP

6. Powerful math software, reasonable prices

7. Sending SMTP with my pop3 account

8. Educational discount

9. Is there an alternative to Inbox for POP3/SMTP mail on PocketPC?

10. Pop3 and Smtp

11. How to set POP3/SMTP server port numbers

12. pocketpc, pop3, smtp and earthlink

13. jornada 720 smtp, pop3 port settings