Pocket Word can't spell check..

Post by Fred » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 14:24:24

I have upgraded my iPAQ 3600 to OS2002.  I was under the impression that the
upgraded Pocket Word included a spell checker.  I have the word counter but
no spell checker.  How do I get the spell checker to work?
Thanks,
Fred

Pocket Word can't spell check..

Post by Nick Kat » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 14:45:15

I think the spell checker is only included in the version of 2002 that
comes on new PDAs with the 32 MB ROM, but not in the upgrade.

nick

Quote:> I have upgraded my iPAQ 3600 to OS2002.  I was under the impression that the
> upgraded Pocket Word included a spell checker.  I have the word counter but
> no spell checker.  How do I get the spell checker to work?
> Thanks,
> Fred

Pocket Word can't spell check..

Post by Neil Camero » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 17:12:05

It should be just above Word Count under Tools...

--

Neil Cameron

Quote:> I have upgraded my iPAQ 3600 to OS2002.  I was under the impression that
the
> upgraded Pocket Word included a spell checker.  I have the word counter
but
> no spell checker.  How do I get the spell checker to work?
> Thanks,
> Fred

Pocket Word can't spell check..

Post by Marlof Bregonje, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 17:59:12

Quote:>I have upgraded my iPAQ 3600 to OS2002.  I was under the impression that the
>upgraded Pocket Word included a spell checker.  I have the word counter but
>no spell checker.  How do I get the spell checker to work?

The upgrade to OS2002 does not include the Spell Check. The old iPAQs
only had 16 MB of ROM, in stead of the 32 MB of ROM in the new iPAQs.
That means Microsoft had to sacrifice some parts of the OS to have the
new OS fitted in ROM for the upgrade. Some of those parts are
available as optional installs, but Microsoft has chosen not to offer
the Spell Checker as an optional install in RAM. I believe the size of
the Spell Check was kind of huge, which made it not a really good RAM
install candidate.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com

1. Spell Checker won't check spelling

When typing a new email message in Outlook, the spell checker will not check
the document.  When I "send" the document, then go to the "Outbox" screen
and reopen the unsent document -- only THEN I can spell check the email.

I am using Win XP Pro
MS Outlook 2002
Set as HTML
Set us use Word to check document.

Thanks for your help!!

2. resources for OOO vs. speed

3. Spell Check, Recognize, and Alternates Commands Are Missing from the Pocket Word 3.0 Tools Menu (Q311349)

4. Version Control Problem

5. Spell Check/Dictionary with Pocket Word

6. About the method which ActiveX component is used for on webform

7. Pocket PC Word Spell Check

8. Installing ODBC driver from Oracle

9. Spell checking program for pocket word?

10. Spell-check Word PPC 2002

11. iPAQ 2002 Upgrade - No Word Spell Check?

12. Word Spell Check?

13. Spell Checking in Word