PPC 2002 inbox mail will not delete

Post by Scott Wo » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:38:47

I have a Ipaq 3650 (PPC 2002) and I have email that I can not get rid
of.  It is dated from last November.  There are about 20 emails that
show up in the list but you can not do anything with them.  They do
not open, can not delete but they are always there.  I look at 20 days
of email and they are always there and they work fine but these old
emails are always at the bottom of the list.  I tried to turn off
email, no luck.  Deleted them on the desktop and sync, no luck.
Increased the number of days and then delete, no luck.  Any ideas?
Maybe I can do a backup and full restore to fix this?

Scott Wood

PPC 2002 inbox mail will not delete

Post by Andrew Rowntre » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:20:31

If anyone else knows the answer to this that would be very cool, I have the
same problem.
Also 1. if you delete an email from the inbox on the pc it goes to deleted
items but does not delete on
            ppc until deleted from deleted items on pc.
            If you have a habit of moving messages from the inbox into
subfolder archives on desktop
            this too does not delete it from the ppc.
            If in fact you then delete the message off the ppc after you
have moved it on the desktop, the
            ppc will delete it from the desktop subfolder. Arghh!!

This has been a problem for at least a year now, these problems existed with
my 3870 ipaq and now also with my 5450.
I wonder if it has anything to do with outlook 2002 as I note from Jan this
year HP/Compaq are no longer shipping outlook 2002 with ipaq, only shipping
Outlook 2000 with Service pack 1. why? Is it because of email
synchronisation issues?
Is there any other software out there that can provide a better email client
on ppc to do this and integrate to outlook on the desktop?

Link on HP/Compaq site :
http://h71025.www7.hp.com/support/reference_library/viewreferencelibr...
?countrycode=1000&catid=702&famid=1998&prodid=5689|iPAQ+H5400+Series+Pocket+
PC

Andrew Rowntree.

Quote:> I have a Ipaq 3650 (PPC 2002) and I have email that I can not get rid
> of.  It is dated from last November.  There are about 20 emails that
> show up in the list but you can not do anything with them.  They do
> not open, can not delete but they are always there.  I look at 20 days
> of email and they are always there and they work fine but these old
> emails are always at the bottom of the list.  I tried to turn off
> email, no luck.  Deleted them on the desktop and sync, no luck.
> Increased the number of days and then delete, no luck.  Any ideas?
> Maybe I can do a backup and full restore to fix this?

> Scott Wood

PPC 2002 inbox mail will not delete

Post by Donn Bonnett » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:16:09

Greetings all,

I am also experiencing the same problem on my IPAQ 3970.
I have found that if you move the messages from the inbox
on the ppc to the same sub-folders to which you moved
them on the desktop PC they will move out of the ppc
inbox and will not duplicate themselves in the desktop
sub-folders.  If anyone figures out how to fix this
problem, that person would by my hero for the day!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If anyone else knows the answer to this that would be

very cool, I have the
Quote:>same problem.
>Also 1. if you delete an email from the inbox on the pc
it goes to deleted
>items but does not delete on
>            ppc until deleted from deleted items on pc.
>            If you have a habit of moving messages from
the inbox into
>subfolder archives on desktop
>            this too does not delete it from the ppc.
>            If in fact you then delete the message off
the ppc after you
>have moved it on the desktop, the
>            ppc will delete it from the desktop
subfolder. Arghh!!

>This has been a problem for at least a year now, these

problems existed with

Quote:>my 3870 ipaq and now also with my 5450.
>I wonder if it has anything to do with outlook 2002 as I
note from Jan this
>year HP/Compaq are no longer shipping outlook 2002 with
ipaq, only shipping
>Outlook 2000 with Service pack 1. why? Is it because of
email
>synchronisation issues?
>Is there any other software out there that can provide a
better email client
>on ppc to do this and integrate to outlook on the
desktop?

>Link on HP/Compaq site :
>http://h71025.www7.hp.com/support/reference_library/viewr
eferencelibrary.asp

Post by tom » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:43:02

> [...]

Not an answer I'm afraid, but a related query. If you
have Activesync and an email service both on your PDA
(Ipaq 3630, PPC 2002), how do you move an email received
on the service onto the Activesync account?

Any ideas or do I simply have forward it back to myself??

tc

PPC 2002 inbox mail will not delete

Post by Scott Wo » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:18:16

I am using Outlook 2000, never upgraded to 2002 because of problems I
have heard.  This all started with a problem on the desktop.  I had to
repair my inbox file on my desktop.

> Greetings all,

> I am also experiencing the same problem on my IPAQ 3970.
> I have found that if you move the messages from the inbox
> on the ppc to the same sub-folders to which you moved
> them on the desktop PC they will move out of the ppc
> inbox and will not duplicate themselves in the desktop
> sub-folders.  If anyone figures out how to fix this
> problem, that person would by my hero for the day!

Post by HWC » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 06:41:05

Scott,

How do you repair the inbox file on the desktop?  Thanks!

> I am using Outlook 2000, never upgraded to 2002 because of problems I
> have heard.  This all started with a problem on the desktop.  I had to
> repair my inbox file on my desktop.

> > Greetings all,

> > I am also experiencing the same problem on my IPAQ 3970.
> > I have found that if you move the messages from the inbox
> > on the ppc to the same sub-folders to which you moved
> > them on the desktop PC they will move out of the ppc
> > inbox and will not duplicate themselves in the desktop
> > sub-folders.  If anyone figures out how to fix this
> > problem, that person would by my hero for the day!

1. Inbox on PPC 2002 does not purge old mail

I have an iPaq 3650 upgraded to PPC 2002. My Inbox mail
sync settings are set to copy messages from the last 5
days, however the old messages don't purge from the iPaq
and the Inbox keeps filling up (and using up memory). This
was automatically managed properly with the prior PPC 2000
operating system. Does anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks,
Jim

2. Opening OE files.

3. Inbox / nPop - delete/don't delete off mail server

4. Replication zwischen MYSQL und MS Access 97(2000)

5. Email allready in the inbox is deleted when new mail arrives in the inbox

6. Killing the network logon dialog

7. Inbox won't delete email in PPC 2002 Upgrade

8. Performa Home - Is there anyone selling it?

9. PPC 2002 - Mail not being Sent

10. Inbox on PPC 2002 does not purge notes

11. Inbox Deleting Mail

12. Mail does not get deleted when syncing POP3

13. Deleted mail does not disappear!