starting ceappmgr in a setup program

Post by Charle » Thu, 29 May 2003 06:33:59

I'm using MS Visual Studio .NET in order to create a setup project for my
program which envolves both desktop software and PDA software.  How do i get
it to start the ceappmgr to register and install the included .cab file for
the PDA portion of my software.

Thanks,
Charles

Post by Norman Bulle » Thu, 29 May 2003 11:01:56

> I'm using MS Visual Studio .NET in order to create a setup project for my
> program which envolves both desktop software and PDA software.  How do i get
> it to start the ceappmgr to register and install the included .cab file for
> the PDA portion of my software.

> Thanks,
> Charles

You can get the path to ceappmgr from the registry key
   HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services
value
   InstalledDir

Append "\ceappmgr" to that and pass it, along with any command line
arguments like the name of your CAB file, to CreateProcess().

Norm

starting ceappmgr in a setup program

Post by Teo Swee Tion » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:37:43

you can read this article

"QA: How can I create setup.exe file that will automatically install
necessary .cab file on Pocket PC?"

at http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/creatingsetup.html

Quote:> I'm using MS Visual Studio .NET in order to create a setup project for my
> program which envolves both desktop software and PDA software.  How do i
get
> it to start the ceappmgr to register and install the included .cab file
for
> the PDA portion of my software.

> Thanks,
> Charles

1. CeAppMgr Setup.ini fails

when i call CEAppMgr Setup.ini , it fails giving me the message "one of the
setup files is invalid"

Is there any ay i can use to troubleshoot and know the source of the error
taking into consideration that the .cab file was created successfully with
only few warnings

Thanx

2. About G.728

3. CeAppMgr does not start when installing software

4. File display primitive in QNX Windows?

5. Programming Today Plug-Ins

6. Compose Character on DEC Alpha

7. I want to program for PocketPC, but I have NO programming experience, where to start?

8. can not logon interactivily

9. After removing a program from my pocket PC I can't start programs anymore

10. Setup Program

11. setup program question

12. Setup a Access syncronization in the installation program ?

13. eVC Setup Programs