Fullscreen Video In Media Player?

Post by Stuar » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:23:30

Hi.  I have encoded some video using the IPAQ codec in Windows Media
Encoder.

When I play it on my Pocket PC, despite having all the settings for full
screen in Media Player, it is always small.  It doesn't fill the screen, but
just has a big black border around it.

Is there a way to make it fill the screen to the edges like PocketTV does?

Fullscreen Video In Media Player?

Post by Stuar » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:52:53

Got it.  Me just being silly.  WMP doesn't stretch the image to fit.
Encoded to 320x240 to cure.

Quote:> Hi.  I have encoded some video using the IPAQ codec in Windows Media
> Encoder.

> When I play it on my Pocket PC, despite having all the settings for full
> screen in Media Player, it is always small.  It doesn't fill the screen,
but
> just has a big black border around it.

> Is there a way to make it fill the screen to the edges like PocketTV does?

Fullscreen Video In Media Player?

Post by Sven » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:30:13

Good find. Did you notice the difference in file size that caused you?  It
also tends to affect the framerate you can handle.  There are tradeoffs.

--
Sven
MS-MVP - Mobile Devices

> Got it.  Me just being silly.  WMP doesn't stretch the image to fit.
> Encoded to 320x240 to cure.

> > Hi.  I have encoded some video using the IPAQ codec in Windows Media
> > Encoder.

> > When I play it on my Pocket PC, despite having all the settings for full
> > screen in Media Player, it is always small.  It doesn't fill the screen,
> but
> > just has a big black border around it.

> > Is there a way to make it fill the screen to the edges like PocketTV
does?

Fullscreen Video In Media Player?

Post by Stuar » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:13:15

File size wasn't much different strangely enough.

I am still playing with settings at the moment to get the best quality video
possible, without it playing too jerky.

I will post the settings when I get time to play about properly.  I will
compare MPEG aswell, but at the moment WMV seems to be beating MPEG on file
size and quality.

> Good find. Did you notice the difference in file size that caused you?  It
> also tends to affect the framerate you can handle.  There are tradeoffs.

> --
> Sven
> MS-MVP - Mobile Devices

> > Got it.  Me just being silly.  WMP doesn't stretch the image to fit.
> > Encoded to 320x240 to cure.

> > > Hi.  I have encoded some video using the IPAQ codec in Windows Media
> > > Encoder.

> > > When I play it on my Pocket PC, despite having all the settings for
full
> > > screen in Media Player, it is always small.  It doesn't fill the
screen,
> > but
> > > just has a big black border around it.

> > > Is there a way to make it fill the screen to the edges like PocketTV
> does?

Fullscreen Video In Media Player?

Post by BadMoj » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:13:59

Screen size doen't affect file size.

> File size wasn't much different strangely enough.

> I am still playing with settings at the moment to get the best quality
video
> possible, without it playing too jerky.

> I will post the settings when I get time to play about properly.  I will
> compare MPEG aswell, but at the moment WMV seems to be beating MPEG on
file
> size and quality.

> > Good find. Did you notice the difference in file size that caused you?
It
> > also tends to affect the framerate you can handle.  There are tradeoffs.

> > --
> > Sven
> > MS-MVP - Mobile Devices

> > > Got it.  Me just being silly.  WMP doesn't stretch the image to fit.
> > > Encoded to 320x240 to cure.

> full
> screen,
> > > but

> > does?

1. Casio EM-500 mobile video player vs. Windows Media Player.

Hello all!
I got my Casio EM-500 about a week ago and love it, however I got it from eBay
and the [extra] software from Casio was not included.  I would like to get a copy
of the mobile video player software because I have heard you can convert regular
mpeg video to compressed casio video files saving tons of space.
My question(s) are where can I get a copy and is the quality of the compressed
video worth all my effort to get a copy of the software or should I just stick to
Media Player?

~Big Al

2. adf files -> .dms

3. Media Player Skins & Today Plug-ins

4. How to log on to Proxy server with VB6

5. How to delete MS Media Player on iPAQ after download Media Player 7?

6. Agenda VR3 (powered by Linux)

7. No video on Media Player

8. Like everyone else in OUTBOX!

9. Playing MP3 Videos with Media Player 8

10. Media Player and Videos

11. Playback of Video on PPC 2002 Media Player Help!

12. Windows Media Player 7.1 has no video

13. Video Format for Window Media Player