TCP/IP on sco openserver

Post by Nicholas Luca » Sat, 12 Dec 1998 04:00:00

When you install sco openserver 5.0.4, does TCP/IP get installed and set up
automatically?  It seems the sco tcp/ip loopback driver was installed.
I've been having problems with "netconfig".  I have a couple of books on
sco unix, and the way they describe the workings of netconfig is very
different from the way it is working on openserver.  I cant seem to be able
to configure the system name, domain name or anything else from netconfig,
maybe because only the loopback driver is installed.  The unix books say
you do not need tcp/ip hardware to be able to set up and run tcp/ip, just
the loopback driver.  What am I doing wrong??

TCP/IP on sco openserver

Post by Andreas Geissle » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Nicholas Lucas schrieb:

Quote:> When you install sco openserver 5.0.4, does TCP/IP get installed and set up
> automatically?  It seems the sco tcp/ip loopback driver was installed.
> I've been having problems with "netconfig".  I have a couple of books on
> sco unix, and the way they describe the workings of netconfig is very
> different from the way it is working on openserver.  I cant seem to be able
> to configure the system name, domain name or anything else from netconfig,
> maybe because only the loopback driver is installed.  The unix books say
> you do not need tcp/ip hardware to be able to set up and run tcp/ip, just
> the loopback driver.  What am I doing wrong??

it depends on the edition you have. The Host System is without TCP/IP, only
the Enterprise System or the Desktop System have TCP/IP.

andi.

  andi.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Can I use SCO OpenServer with Linux's TCP/IP kernel?

One of my customer is using a version of SCO OpenServer
without TCP/IP. Is it possible to use the Linux's TCP/IP
kernel with SCO? Because the SCO server wants to connect
with a Windows NT server, we need a facility to transfer
data between them. Is this a feasible solution?

Thank for your response in advance.

2. request failed: erroneous characters after protocol string: -nb GET

3. SCO OpenServer 5 TCP/IP Performance

4. The Linux Group

5. TCP/IP on sco openserver

6. Default when there is no /etc/netsvc.conf?

7. Can I use SCO OpenServer with Linux's TCP/IP kernel?

8. How to compile gas?

9. TCP-IP on SCO Openserver 5 Host?

10. tcp/ip ppp hangup in sco 3242 tcp/ip 121

11. how to install tcp wrappers in SCO openserver 5.0.2

12. TCP Runtime for SCO Openserver

13. TCP/IP UUCP under Openserver