Backup Management Software

Post by Steve Wright - Sys A » Fri, 27 Aug 1993 01:50:02

We currently back up 3 Ultrix servers and several standalone Unix boxes
(Ultrix, AIX, Sun, SGI) using dump and rdump to 4mm tape.  While this has
been satisfactory, we are now looking at adding a few more machines and
a need to change our approach.  I'm looking for some software that could
be used to manage and verify our backups across the existing Unix platforms
and extends to Macs and PCs (novell).  What positive and negative
experiences have you had?  Can you give me pointers to recent reviews/
comparisons that will help in this decision.

Thanks much,
Steve
--
Steve Wright              |  Systems Programmer

+1 803 777-4611           |  Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208