How to check what kind of the graphics card installed in Solaris

How to check what kind of the graphics card installed in Solaris

Post by J » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:32:35

Can anyone tell me how to verify what kind of the graphics card is
installed in my Solaris machine: a Creator 3D graphics card or PGX ?

Thanks,
JC

How to check what kind of the graphics card installed in Solaris

Post by daveh.. » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:17:35

Quote:> Can anyone tell me how to verify what kind of the graphics card is
> installed in my Solaris machine: a Creator 3D graphics card or PGX ?

Does dmesg give you anything helpful?  Or, open up the case, look at the
part number, plug it into google, and that'll tell ya.

Hope this helps,
Dave Hinz

Post by Michael Heimin » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:03:10

> Can anyone tell me how to verify what kind of the graphics card is
> installed in my Solaris machine: a Creator 3D graphics card or PGX ?

Try:
man prtdiag

--
Michael Heiming

inconvenience, but I get tons of SPAM

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:29:15

|Can anyone tell me how to verify what kind of the graphics card is
|installed in my Solaris machine: a Creator 3D graphics card or PGX ?

ls -l /dev/fb*

Creator 3D devices will have a 'ffb' in their name, PGX 8/24/64 will
have a 'm64' in their name, PGX 32 will have a 'gfx' in their name.

(There's also the physical inspection method - Creator 3D only go into
 UPA slots, PGX only go into PCI slots or are built onto the
 motherboard.)

1. openGL Graphics card/all around graphics card recommendations?

Hello,

I am in the process of building a "second" PC which will run Linux,
most likely RedHat 6.0 or above.  One of the applications I intend to
run will do some intensive rendering/surfacing/CAD type stuff and runs
with the MESA library under Linux.

The Vodoo3 3000 cards are inexpensive enough for me to consider buying
one - and I know there is a Linux driver under development for this
chipset.

I also know that XFree86 has some support for 3Dlabs chips such as the
Permedia 2 on the ever popular under Windows Fire GL 1000.  So, I am
looking for opinions from those out there with some experience in this
area on the following questions:

1.      Which of these currently "supported," at least somewhat, would
give the best performance and why? (Under NT for CAD type
applications, from what I know, the answer would most likely be the GL
1000.)
2.      Which of these cards would give the best overall performance?
3.      Is there a better solution such as with a TNT2 or some other
chipset?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Matthew

2. nessus & plugins

3. Openwin and BT463 Graphics card on solaris 2.6 - Solaris Platform

4. ifmail compiling problem

5. What kind of display card and network card I should choose!!

6. best distribution?

7. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics

8. Cyrix performance (is this right?)

9. Re-activate onboard graphic chip with AGP graphic card plugged?

10. A Graphics card and adapter to give 24-bit graphics + 64k colours.

11. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics

12. Missing CDE after graphics card install

13. check for a sucessfully installed network card