sending email by user identity howto?

Post by Ban » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 13:53:41

Dear all,

How to setup a mail server such that only some ppl(authorized)  in the
Unix machine can send email outside to internet?

Unauthorized ppl can only send email to internal users only.

Any application can do such thing?

Is it possible?

Ban

Post by p.. » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 17:14:18

> Dear all,
> How to setup a mail server such that only some ppl(authorized)  in the
> Unix machine can send email outside to internet?
> Unauthorized ppl can only send email to internal users only.
> Any application can do such thing?
> Is it possible?

Search for "Pop-before-post" and "sendmail" in google.

Basically it needs people to start a pop3 session before they are
allowed to use an MTA as relay.

Quote:> Ban

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      ( At Gothenburg Riverside )

Post by El To » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:43:40

> Dear all,

> How to setup a mail server such that only some ppl(authorized)  in the
> Unix machine can send email outside to internet?

> Unauthorized ppl can only send email to internal users only.

> Any application can do such thing?

> Is it possible?

> Ban

IIRC, sendmail versions from 10x and up have offered a feature called
SMTP AUTH, whereby setting up the POP kludge would no longer be neces-
sary.  Check it out at http://www.sendmail.(org|net) to see if it's
for you.