Can zmodem be used between two Unix computer by dial up ?

Can zmodem be used between two Unix computer by dial up ?

Post by GEC » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I know that zmodem is widely used between PC and Unix dial up terminal
access. Using terminal program and sz/rz command on unix side.

I am facing with two Unix workstation that need to exchange binary file
through phone dial up remotely(no network access), can zmodem still be
used between two Unix workstation ? what free software is available to do
this ?  tip that come with Solaris does not seem to work for this purpose,
and it does not provide error correction.

Or there is a better alternative solution for this situation.

there is telix or procomm+ for PC client to dial up to Unix host. is there
similar software for Unix client ?

John
--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Post by Juergen Schroed » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: I am facing with two Unix workstation that need to exchange binary file
: through phone dial up remotely(no network access), can zmodem still be
: used between two Unix workstation ? what free software is available to do

Yes, try to find the xyz-modem source.

: Or there is a better alternative solution for this situation.

I know seyon, a X11 terminalprogram can call zmodem for filetranfer.

        Juergen

1. APC BE500U 300 Watt UPS and two computers?

Was looking at this UPS: http://tinyurl.com/4swj4

It's an APC BE500U, 300 Watt, 500 VA UPS

I found this daemon on sourceforge that even has Mandrake RPMS:
http://www2.apcupsd.com/

The question is, is the UPS powerful enough to give two Mandrake boxes
enough time to shutdown gracefully?  How long does it take between power
being cut to the daemon noticing?

Box 1: 1.4Ghz
Box 2: 200Mhz

--
[ Sugapablo                                                                   ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal | http://www.sugapablo.com  <--music   ]

2. opie make menuconfing broken pipe error

3. DIP and Two Dial-ups

4. nisd warning

5. Any unix dial-out programs supporting XMODEM/YMODEM/ZMODEM?

6. Reason to use Debian #7689

7. Help sharing a dial-up modem with two Ubuntu 6.10 computers

8. Can't compile with gcc on SolarisX86

9. Unix based dial-ups

10. UNIX Dial-ups

11. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

12. I want to mount the remote computer using NFS via an dial-up connection

13. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!