Solaris 2.6 in.ftpd and sublogins

Post by Yilmaz Oztani » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I'm trying to get in.ftpd to work with sublogins, i.e.

ftp> user
(username) sub
331 Password required for sub.
Password:
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.
ftp>

This happens all the time, even though I have made an entry in the
~ftp/etc/passwd file for user 'sub'. I have included a password, but
ftpd doesn't like
this. Is this the correct way to do this (I am using the Managing
Internet
Information Services book by O'Reilly)?

Do I need a shadow ftp file just like the '/etc/shadow' file? If anyone
has got
sublogins working with in.ftpd, please could you tell me how it is done.
I have a
feling that the book may be a little out of date or has missed
something.

Thanks in advance

Yilmaz

1. Solaris 2.6 in.ftpd and sublogins

[...]

2. JDK1.2 for Linux

3. where to find WU-FTPD 2.6 for sparc-solaris 2.6 (binary)?

4. Teles 16.3 Pasive ISDN adapter

5. ftpd bug in Solaris 2.5.1/2.6

6. Where's motif

7. wu-ftpd, Solaris 2.6, compile trouble

8. i810fb compile/module loading failure on 2.5.66-bk12

9. Solaris 2.6 and ftpd

10. Solaris 2.6, in.ftpd, ksh

11. wu-ftpd and sublogins , How to

12. FTPd for Solaris 2.6

13. Does anonymous wu-ftpd work on Solaris 2.6?