Here is a Stupid question About Unix & ASP

Here is a Stupid question About Unix & ASP

Post by Taner ERTA » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

OK I was wondering if I could run ASP pages on a unix operating system with
apache server..   Any ideas, as far as I know it is possible to load Front
Page extensions on a unix machine. But have no clue for ASP (active server
pages). Please let me know. Thanks

Post by Paul Josli » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> OK I was wondering if I could run ASP pages on a unix operating system with
> apache server..   Any ideas, as far as I know it is possible to load Front
> Page extensions on a unix machine. But have no clue for ASP (active server
> pages). Please let me know. Thanks

I'd bet a search on 'Unix near "active server pages"' on AltaVista would
give you the name of the company faster than posting to this
newsgroup...

--

576 2012
Life is a magic vase filled to the brim; so made that you cannot dip

Post by Martin Hepwort » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> OK I was wondering if I could run ASP pages on a unix operating system with
> apache server..   Any ideas, as far as I know it is possible to load Front
> Page extensions on a unix machine. But have no clue for ASP (active server
> pages). Please let me know. Thanks

Well not a stupid question, just stupid technology (flame bait ?).

IMHO I'd use asp2php to convert the asp stuff to PHP and then continue
to use PHP for my technology. (www.php.net)

martin

Here is a Stupid question About Unix & ASP

Post by dwors.. » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> OK I was wondering if I could run ASP pages on a unix operating
system with
> apache server..   Any ideas, as far as I know it is possible to load
Front
> Page extensions on a unix machine. But have no clue for ASP (active
server
> pages). Please let me know. Thanks

Check out www.chilisoft.com
they have ASP for some unix systems (however currently only Solaris &
Linux that I know of.)
Good Luck!
Dennis Worsham

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Leslie Mikese » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>OK I was wondering if I could run ASP pages on a unix operating system with
>apache server..   Any ideas, as far as I know it is possible to load Front
>Page extensions on a unix machine. But have no clue for ASP (active server
>pages).

It depends on what your ASP pages do.  There are a variety of ways
to embed programming in web pages on unix.   Server-side includes
with stock apache might be enough if you aren't doing anything
complicated.  PHP can do about anything, but it is a different
language.  Mod_perl with Apache::ASP might do the trick, although
it isn't going to deal with COM objects under unix.

  Les Mikesell

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. diald out problems 2.1.98

3. Modelines questions (for NEC 4FG or Innovision MAG DX17F)

4. Am I stupid? Iptables question

5. VL Bus HD controller with Linux?

6. Stupid $PATH question that I am ashamed to ask, but having no pride, I proceed

7. Problem writing to Windows shares

8. --stupid question but then there are no stupid questions--

10. Stupid or not so stupid questions

11. Stupid, stupid question

12. One stupid question and one not so stupid