Landscape mode and lp or lpr

Post by Al Smith - WebMast » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Ok, Im posting this here in hopes of getting an answer. Normally I don't hang
 out here 'cause Im not a Unix person myself, but a colleage asked me to post
 this for him. Im sorry, if this is not the right group, if there is a better
 one, please just point me to it... :)

        The problem that he needs to solve is this. He needs to find a way to
 have the lp or lpr function print a file in landscpae mode on a Sun
SPARCPrinter. If anyone can point us in the right direction, it would be
 apprecated. Post replyies here, or EMail them to:

        Thanks in advance for your help

                        Alex Deschapelles

Landscape mode and lp or lpr

Post by Mark A. Scart » Sat, 24 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>        The problem that he needs to solve is this. He needs to find a way to
> have the lp or lpr function print a file in landscpae mode on a Sun
>SPARCPrinter. If anyone can point us in the right direction, it would be
> apprecated. Post replyies here, or EMail them to:

The SvR4 standard is to specify -ylandscape on the command line.  Some systems
require -olandscape instead (since -o is how printer-specific options are
normally supplied).  In addition, the printer queue must be set up properly to
recognize and process the switch in orientation properly.  how to accomplish
that is OS and printer specific (and I don't have a SPARC to check it out).

I hope that one of these help.  (BTW: my attempts to reply via e-mail failed.)

Mark A. Scarton, ABD
Sunquest Information Systems
4505 South Wasatch Blvd, Suite 100
Salt Lake City, Utah  84124-4787

1. How to lpr print in landscape mode?

I have configured a postscript printer
being served from Win95 via SMB.  I can
print to it just fine, except I can't
seem to find out how to specify "landscape"
instead of "portrait" mode when using lpr.

Is there a way to specify this via a cmd
line arg to lpr?  How about via the config
in printtool?

thanks and reply to

[details: HP LaserJet 2100TN using generic
 postscript printer filter in printtool]

2. How do I mv a bunch of files that have a * in their filename?

3. Linux and Dos BBS over lan?

4. Is lpr outdated, unsupported?, ie. lpr or lp?

5. ATI Xpression (Mach64) with Xfree?

6. Sol2.4 lp in landscape?

7. Crossposting to the nazi groups as revenge?

8. Column in VI / Landscape in lp ?

9. Landscape Printing with lp/jetadmin

10. How to print landscape accross a network using lpr?

11. printing landscape using lp

12. How do I print landscape with lp ?????