HELP! Corrupt label - Wrong magic number

HELP! Corrupt label - Wrong magic number

Post by Agusti » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello!

I have got this message with Solaris 2.4 on SparcServer20 after a sudden
shutdown. I cannot run fsck manually. Could you please help me?

Thanks!

Agustin Terres

HELP! Corrupt label - Wrong magic number

Post by Ravi Kum » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hello!

>I have got this message with Solaris 2.4 on SparcServer20 after a sudden
>shutdown. I cannot run fsck manually. Could you please help me?

>Thanks!

>Agustin Terres

Hi Augustin,

Do you think you have a choice when you can't run fsck manually??  I try to
boot the machine from alternate media like CD-ROM and do fsck with an alternate
super block.  Which partition is corrupted is it the root file system??

If it still doesn't work, then you be better off by creating newfs on the
partition that can not be salvaged and restore from backups. (really it
is much easier :-)