There is a possibility to display the issue message only on the console, and
not on the connected terminals. I only don't remember where I can configure
that setting. Can anyone help me. (It's a SVR4 system).
I have found that the "/etc/issue" and "/etc/issue.net" files are used
to present the beginning of the login prompt in RedHat Linux 5.2
I edited the files to reflect the welcome message that I wanted when I
So far so good, I then rebooted to see the new prompt and got the same
Red Hat Linux 5.2 (Apollo)
kernel version 2.0.36
On checking the "/etc/issue" and "/etc/issue.net" files, I find that
they have been changed back to the original message.
Any suggestions as where and or how and or why this is happening?
and probably more importantly, how do I get it to do what I want?
thanks in advance ...
ICQ UIN: 1146938
"Out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the
off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net."
3. 4500 issue with veritas/clarrion issue
4. Where can I get libolgx.so.3.2 ?
5. The "NT vs. Linux" thread not the issue...real issue elsewhere
7. Changing 'issue' & 'issue.net' with Mandrake?
9. KDE3/RH 7.2 paths issue - icons for apps issues etc.
10. issue/issue.net & escape sequences
11. Routing issue or Sendmail issue?
12. No /etc/issue issued on remote connections...
13. Apache, cgi forms, cgi programs - issues - restart resolves issue??