Capture Print Job to a file

Post by Deifie » Sun, 15 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello All,

I have an application that generate reports and print it to a printer. I
think they are using a daemon to accomplish the task. I would like to
redirect the print out to a file instead. BTW, the print out is postscript.
Is their a program out there that would intercept the the report output and
save it to a file instead of sending it directly to the printer. This is
program is running under Solaris 2.6.

Please post answer.

Thanks in advance.

1. Capturing print job before printing

Hey all,

Just wondering if N E 1 knows how to view a print job once it is sent to the
queue before it prints, I know you can disable the print queue, and the job
will sit there unitl it is enabled, i can find refence to the JOB-ID in
/var/spool/lp/temp but it just seems to contain come commands... eg.

F <file>
S <server> etc etc....

N E one know where i can find the actually print job(eg including escape
sequences etc)

TIA

Oliver

2. Kernel redirect messages