Roll Your Own Name Service

Post by Startup Consulting Compa » Sun, 16 Jun 1991 07:42:43

I'm curious about approaches that are used
to create name services under UNIX.  Are Sun's
White/Yellow pages the only widely used standard?
If you were trying to get a list of all the users on
all UNIX machines in a well-defined Internet, how would you
do it if some users were using white/yellow pages, others
were using OSF's directory service, etc.?

Dave

Roll Your Own Name Service

Post by Glenn R. Sto » Tue, 18 Jun 1991 23:51:43

Quote:>If you were trying to get a list of all the users on
>all UNIX machines in a well-defined Internet, how would you
>do it if some users were using white/yellow pages, others
>were using OSF's directory service, etc.?

And anyone who really believes that this is legit should
have his or her head examined...  I know, I'll set up a
telephone shrink service.  Lessee, how about

           1-900-BIG-HOLE

Feh.