CA-unicenter or equivalent

Post by Marvin Do » Fri, 07 Jul 1995 04:00:00

   A thread on Unicenter equivalents appeared here recently. I saw three
articles. Were there more and if so and someone saved them, would you email
them to me? Thank you.

Gene Dodd

1. CA-Unicenter or Equivalent

I'm trying to gather info on Unix System Managment systems, primarily
from people that have actually used them in a production environment.
We are looking at packages like CA-Unicenter, Platinum POEMS, or maybe
a combination of standalone tools. Our primary needs are:

 * system monitoring (disk usage, memory, cpu, etc..)
 * Database monitoring tool (for Oracle, and Sybase)
 * A robust and feature rich Job Scheduler.
 * Print Queue manager.
 * Backup (which should include support for live database and
   filesystem backups, tape management, and archiving)
 * A seemless interface to some of the more standard Network Managment
   tools, and problem tracking tools.

Every vendor "has the best", but I want to get input from people who
need to rely on this stuff in mission critical production environments.

Thanks for the input!

Saul

2. simple sendmail query

3. CA-Unicenter, Comments please

4. Unix on Pentium, EDO & Triton ?

5. CA-Unicenter success stories - ?????

6. determine ppp modem connection speed

7. launching programs w/CA-UNICENTER

8. cdrom-0.6.tar.Z now available from tsx-11.

9. Considering Using CA-Unicenter

10. Ca-Unicenter users

11. intro..and first posting on CA-unicenter

12. CA-Unicenter -- info please

13. Opinions on CA-Unicenter?