A thread on Unicenter equivalents appeared here recently. I saw three
articles. Were there more and if so and someone saved them, would you email
them to me? Thank you.
I'm trying to gather info on Unix System Managment systems, primarily
from people that have actually used them in a production environment.
We are looking at packages like CA-Unicenter, Platinum POEMS, or maybe
a combination of standalone tools. Our primary needs are:
* system monitoring (disk usage, memory, cpu, etc..)
* Database monitoring tool (for Oracle, and Sybase)
* A robust and feature rich Job Scheduler.
* Print Queue manager.
* Backup (which should include support for live database and
filesystem backups, tape management, and archiving)
* A seemless interface to some of the more standard Network Managment
tools, and problem tracking tools.
Every vendor "has the best", but I want to get input from people who
need to rely on this stuff in mission critical production environments.
Thanks for the input!