Need help

Post by Joey » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:42:10

I cannot login in CDE. Session almost starts and then the login screen
reappears.

CDE Error displayed in  a pop-up window:

DT messaging system could not be started.
To correct the problem
1- chose Ok to return to the login screen
2- select failsafe session from the login screen's option menu and login.
3- Check to see that the host name is correct in these locations
/etc/src.sh
/etc/hosts
/usr/adm/inet.sec
For additional information see the DT users guide.

Anypne can tell me the solution.

Need help

Post by M. Bouherro » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:12:25

Something is wrong about your user environment, homedir not accessible,
wrong permissions, wrong .dt configuration and/or .profile file.
As recommended, log to the safemode and check the whole environment
for the user. At last resort, you may need to remove the .dt directory

By the way are you getting the same error with other users and what about
the root.

Quote:> I cannot login in CDE. Session almost starts and then the login screen