1. Job opportunities for Linux developers in the Boston area
I sincerely apologize if this is an inappropriate forum for this post.
I could not find any groups where job openings for linux developers
The company I work for, Airvana Incorporated, has openings for
experienced linux developers in the Boston area. We are a telecom
company in the 3G space (http://www.airvananet.com). We make CDMA 1xEV-DO
base stations. We are about 4 years old, pre-IPO, and commercially quite
The specific job description is given below. If you are interested,
please mail your resume to me. (Remove the # characters
from the e-mail address given below, I don't want spammers
harvesting my work address.).
This person would play a leading role in the
development of a Linux-based device that would
be part of a new feature suite that Airvana is
currently developing to support the next generation
of the 1xEV-DO standard.
Such a person should have the following skills:
*) Thorough knowledge of the Linux environment.
(Ex: kernel modules, kernelspace/userspace distinctions,
filesystems, system administration etc) .(MUST)
*) Expertise with developing complex applications in the
Linux environment. (MUST)
*) Expertise in multithreaded programming in a Linux
*) Expertise in IP networking in general, and
the Linux implementations thereof in particular. (MUST)
*) Familiarity with commonly used data structures/algorithms (MUST)
*) Knowledge of C/C++, Python. (MUST)
*) Expertise in the use/configuration of commonly available
software packages, especially Apache,
*) Expertise in comunication protocol implementation (DESIRABLE)
*) Familiarity with security issues as relates to the
Linux environment (DESIRABLE)
*) Expertise in embedded programming in general, and
using Linux in particular (DESIRABLE)
*) Familiarity with VxWorks (DESIRABLE)
*) Knowledge of CDMA protocols (DESIRABLE)
*) BS or equivalent in CS/EE. (DESIRABLE)
2. what does etho: setup frame timed out... mean?
3. UNIX Administrator Needed - Boston Area - Very Interesting Opportunity
4. Having KDE save to system-wide settings
5. Software opportunities in Boston Area
6. HPLaserjetIIIp not printing
7. Job opportunity in the Chicago area
8. Any body can make a Slackware bootable installation CD ?
9. Job opportunity in San Francisco Bay Area.
10. UNIX Job Opportunities in Phila Area
11. FreeBSD Job Opportunities in Los Angeles Area
12. Job Opportunities at DISA in INFOSEC (DC Metro area)
13. UNIX Job Opportunities in Phila Area