Linux can't run ncsa httpd 1.5

Post by Jame » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Do anyone try to use ncsa httpd1.5 in Linux? I have the experience that
it can't run properly and generates many error log messages, whose amount
can even be 30~40 MB in 5-10 minutes. How to fix it?

James Leong

1. Problems with NCSA 'DocFinder' under NCSA HTTPd 1.5

After a successful installation of the NCSA search tool 'Doc Finder' (with
freeWAIS 0.4) under CERN HTTPd 3.0, I tried to run it under NCSA HTTPd 1.5
(both under under Solaris 2.4).
Now there is a problem: Calling 'Doc Finder' with a WWW browser always results
in "SEARCH FOR [...] - No documents found" although running it directly in a
UNIX shell with the same search keywords returns several documents found.

If anybody has an idea where the problem might be, then please send an email
to:

Thanks a lot
Francois

2. Linux Socket Problem?

3. NCSA HTTPd NCSA/1.5.0a CGI question

4. How to install FBSD4.4 w/o modifying MBR

5. HELP: Slackware 3.0 and NCSA HTTPd 1.5 doesn't work

6. can "screen" be used in ssh ?

7. NCSA HTTPd 1.5 and Linux problem

8. Error in starting httpd 1.5a?

9. NCSA HTTPd 1.5 & Linux - anyone?

10. httpd 1.5 (NCSA) what user?

11. slackware 3.00, 1.2.13 & NCSA httpd 1.5 log file trouble

12. Segmentation faults in NCSA HTTPD 1.5.2a on Alpha/OSF

13. help w/ NCSA HTTPd 1.5