sys admin tool set-nneding feedback

Post by darrin husma » Thu, 02 May 2002 04:22:22

I have developed an ESM application in Perl and am looking for fellow
sys
admins to assist in further development and trials.

Features:
It uses the /proc (on *nix systems) and WMI for win32.
It captures eventlogs (win32) and designated log files for analysis.
Scaleable.

Requirements:
the central server has been coded to run on Linux with Apache, MySql
and webmin. KDE or gnome is also needed to run the additional status
boards.

To Do.
Addition of additional modules by users is not yet as friendly as it
could be.
Would like to work thru any bugs that I have not uncovered.

I have had this running on my servers for over 3 months without stop.
(except when the windows servers go down, but...)

If you are interested in helping out, drop me an email.  Hopefully,
this can
be sourceforge material soon.

Regards,
Darrin Husmann

Post by Nicholas Bachman » Thu, 09 May 2002 07:49:28

> I have developed an ESM application in Perl and am looking for fellow
> sys
> admins to assist in further development and trials.

> Features:
> It uses the /proc (on *nix systems) and WMI for win32.

/proc isn't avalible on most commercial Unix systems.  You'll have to
use an API to get that kind of info.

--
         Regards,
         Nick

1. UNIX student needs feedback from Sys Admins

Greetings systems administrators,

For our assignments, my UNIX prof. thought it best to "network" w/ a
community of sys admins and collect information on the various ways of doing
the same thing (such as backups can be done w/ tar of dump; or power downs
may be done by shutdown, halt, etc).  Your time is greatly appreciated.
Keep in mind, this is for educational purposes and you will be helping a
young UNIX student on his way to Guru-level.  Please take 5-10 minutes of
your time to respond to the following.  Thank you!

1) How do you maintain your disk drives in good condition? (bring cron files
and scripts, if possible)

2) What are the steps you take when you add a new disk drive?

3) How are the drives partitioned?

4) Do you use RAID?  If so, how do you configure it?

5) Do you use NFS?  If so, how do you configure it?

2. sending ipaddress

3. X-Based Sys Admin Tool

4. kernels tcp-subsystem

5. best tools for unix sys admin?

6. Samba Printing

7. SUMMARY: Looking for sys admin tools

8. fdisk help please

9. sys admin tools

10. Basic Sys admin tools

11. COPS - Sys Admin Tool

12. Looking for a good sys admin tool for AIX

13. difference between Sys Admin & Sys Analyst?