help needed with mail files

Post by csha.. » Mon, 21 Mar 1994 05:25:09

  In the /private/spool/mail/mqueue directory there are several files
  occupying large space in memory the files have the name of the kind
  tfAA01407 etc and they contain transcript of mail messages, unsent mail
  etc.  I was wondering if deleting all these files under the mqueue directory
  would be a good idea?

help needed with mail files

Post by Michael J. Corrig » Sun, 27 Mar 1994 18:30:04

If there are no corresponding [qd]AA01407 files then they are
trash. Toss them. They are only supposed to exist during the queue life
of the df,qf files. They aren't supposed to be left lying
around - they get deleted when the mail is sent. Bug in your sendmail.
-mike

=