Frontend to library crypt()

Post by Joe Morr » Fri, 25 Feb 1994 03:35:44

Does anyone have a C frontend for the fcrypt() or crypt()?
I have the libraries etc, but don't have a frontend.

It doesn't seem like there would be any problems releasing a front-end
to the library function like there are for the library call itself.

Anybody have a lead?

        -joe        "Honey, they're in *everybody's* eggs" --firesigns

Frontend to library crypt()

Post by Joe Morr » Fri, 25 Feb 1994 06:36:28

> I have the libraries etc, but don't have a frontend.

This is pretty unclear :)
What I'm looking for is the Unix "crypt" command using the crypt()
library function.

Post by Joe Morr » Fri, 25 Feb 1994 08:45:40

> What I'm looking for is the Unix "crypt" command using the crypt()
> library function.

Please excuse my waste of bandwidth:

If anyone else is as clueless as I, archie can answer your question.

--
        -joe        "Honey, they're in *everybody's* eggs" --firesigns

1. crypt in C++ just like crypt in c library

I ever used the crypt function to crypt a string. and then compared the
crypted string with a special string such as password in shadow file. Using
this function, I can validate that the user is right or not.

The operation system is UNIX Sparc 2.6

But when I try to translate this function to C++. I was told that crypt has
not prototype. I don't know the correspnding function in C++ library just
like crypt in C library.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks a lot.

2. INFO REQUEST: is Weitek Mathematical Coprocessor suported?

3. Linux frontend to CRYPT()

4. another strange msg

5. unix crypt() vs. AIX crypt()

6. String truncation on a line ???????

7. passwd hashing methods Re: unix crypt() vs. AIX crypt()

8. XF86_S3

9. Does Linux support crypt(1) and crypt(3)?

10. Perl(Crypt::DES, Crypt::IDEA)

11. crypt function library on RH 5.2

12. crypt libraries

13. crypt library??