Help with sendmail!

Post by Rob McQuo » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Dear experienced UNIX sendmail admins,

I need help.  We have a client who - through excursions into aliases and
sendmail.cw - allowed mail messages to get piled into /var/adm/messages.
The problem has been rectified and mail is being sent, but there are
undelivered mail messages to their site piled up in this file.  This file
has all the SMTP command information in it, but I don't know how to tell
sendmail to use these commands. Looking through the docs I have on
sendmail, I don't see an easy way to process these "messages" files, but I
don't have the full-blown manual here.  Any help would be appreciated.
Please reply via email.  Thanks in advance!

 Rob

Rob McQuown                     !
StarNet, Inc.                   !         www.starnetinc.com
118 Barrington Commons Ct. #236 !
Barrington, IL 60010            !     "Your Internet Connection."
(708) 382-0099                  !

1. HELP CONFIGURING SENDMAIL/SMAIL ON INTERACTIVE UNIX 2.2 - PLEASE HELP!

To all fellow netters:

        I am trying to configure my machine which is running Interactive
2.2 to transfer my mail to a site that is willing to serve me as a gateway
(Lets call this system site X).  Allow me to clarify via an example. For
instance say I want to email a letter to joe who is at site A.B.C. I would

realize that it cannot resolve the address locally so it is a job for site
X to resolve.  My connection to site X is done via a UUCP connection.  The
UUCP ! address convention works.  If I want to send email to ted at site X
I would type "mail X!ted".  I would like this to be all automatic though so
that the mailer has to worry where it should go.  This would enable me to
have connections to the Internet, UUNET and BITNET.  Let me assure the
quick to flame that I did indeed RTFM so there is no need for that
response.  The documentation is lacking in its description of the
configuration.  The documentation refers to a great deal of BSD files and
directories that just simply don't exist under Interactive Unix 2.2.  This
essentially boils down to: "ANYTHING I CAN NOT RESOLVE LOCALLY SHOULD BE
SENT TO SITE X FOR FURTHER DISTRIBUTION OR RETURNED IF UNRESOLVABLE." I
would be very thankful to any one who could shed some light on this
problem.  I will be most happy to post a summary of the most effective
solution.

        Please respond via email to me since this is the quickest method of

the machine that I'm trying to configure so email will reach me no
problem).  Thankyou all one last time and PLEASE SEND HELP!

                                                Karl M.

2. Signal handling in kernel mode?

3. HELP WITH SENDMAIL...

4. Regexp question...