Bouncy sendmail

Post by jon_c.. » Wed, 22 Jul 1992 10:36:59

Couple of questions: What System and OS are you running
?
What is you mail transport: uucp, IP, or what?

AT
What errors does the daemon give back, if any?
If you set log level 3 for debuggin (as marked in the file)
what do you get?

Cheers.
Jon Care.

Bouncy sendmail

Post by Greg Bonn » Wed, 22 Jul 1992 23:32:28

I'm guessing that this was in response to my earlier posting about problems
I was having with sendmail.

>Couple of questions: What System and OS are you running

Silicon Graphics Iris running IRIX 4.0.1.

Quote:>?
>What is you mail transport: uucp, IP, or what?

What's the difference.  I know IP stands for Internet Protocol, so if I
had to guess, I would say IP.

Quote:

>AT
>What errors does the daemon give back, if any?

From MAILER-DAEMON  Tue Jul 21 09:29:07 1992
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 92 09:29:07 -0500
From: MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown

To: bonney

While talking to mdcgwy.mdc.com:
<<< 550 Illegal hostname or address "infoman.com".