Zmodem works on 7-bits machine?

Post by Operat » Sat, 10 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi All Unix Gurus :),

Please help, does anyone has experienced or know how to make Zmodem to work
on a 7-bits machine? I can't not up/down load file using Zmodem. Please
help.

Chanh Nguyen
GINA/CORE+ System Admin

Post by Robert Thurl » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Please help, does anyone has experienced or know how to make Zmodem to work
>on a 7-bits machine? I can't not up/down load file using Zmodem. Please
>help.

If you can't get an 8-bit clean connection, the protocol I think of
right away is Kermit - and it works very well.  I don't think Zmodem
has an option to restrict itself to 7-bit characters, so you should
work on getting hold of Kermit binaries for both machines.

Rob T
--

There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces,
probably working for scale.             -- Nick Danger, Third Eye