'stty -opost' or 'stty -onlcr' don't work ?!

Post by J Wuns » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> I tried to modify the behaviour of a line using 'stty -opost' or 'stty
> -onlcr' in a shell term on HP-UX 9.0 or BSDI 2.0 without success. I
> still have the older parameters when displaying them with 'stty -a'.

Which shell?  Many more intelligent shells protect the user from
getting a garbled termios struct after a command terminated and left
it in a weird state.  (I know it from tcsh, but suspect other shells,
too.)

--
J"org Wunsch                                              Unix support engineer

1. What is 'stty', 'term' & 'tty'

Hi:
Can any one describe what exactly is 'stty', 'tty' & term? What do they
stand for ?  I kind of know that they represent some kind of terminal ports
in an os network environment; but i can't diffriential them in detail.

Thanx in advance

2. mount says 'device not configured'

3. 'batch' and 'at' don't work

4. background task mystery

5. 'make' and 'gcc' don't work

6. reposted ipmasq/routing Question w/update

7. Pls help: 'efax' and 'diald' don't quite get along

8. GL and XF4.0.1 very slow

9. successive stty commands don't work

10. ? Red Hat 6.1 'apropos' don't work.

11. 'gcc foo.c -g -lX11' don't work?!?

12. Doing 'stty erase ^H' on remote shells

13. ping -g 'gateway-IP' 'host-IP' DOESN'T work!