Automounter - help needed for heirarchial mounting situation

Automounter - help needed for heirarchial mounting situation

Post by Mike Park » Wed, 30 Sep 1992 04:48:36

I have recently run into an interesting situation and need some guidance
on how to correct the problem.  I have read the man pages on the automounter
but they are not very enlightening on this situation.

Ok, on the server system, there are two different EXPORTED partitions:

        /toplevel

        /toplevel/build/other

The new other partitino was moved on the server due to the usual space
considerations.

I am having difficulties on the client machines in getting the automounter
to mount this type of structure.  The message I get on the system log is
something to the effect of "heirarchial mount".  The use of /toplevel
on the clients seems to work, but /toplevel/build/other is not mounted at
all.

I have a root map for the automounter, giving the information such as:

        /toplevel               server:/toplevel
        /toplevel/build/other   server:/toplevel/build/other

So any suggestions as to what I should be doing or how to format the
map information in such a case?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

PS:     I am running without a lot of documentation here as it is a situation
        I inherited.

1. automounter - help needed in hierarchial mount situation

[...]

2. Conversion of files from VMS to UNIX

3. need mount-maps for Linux automounter 'amd'

4. Getting program EIP

5. need expert help with unusual multi-pc networking situation

6. missing smbmount -N switch

7. a desparated situation need help Thank you for answer my silly questions

8. RedHat 7.1 and port 25 blocked?

9. Need Help: Complicated situation

10. Help : Automounter mount with wrong permission

11. HELP! Problems with AMD automounter mounts

12. Need help locating NFS automounter

13. am-util ( automounter ) help needed