master.passwd and passwd files transferred

master.passwd and passwd files transferred

Post by Jim » Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:00:00

How can you transfer master.passwd and passwd files from one bsd system to
another BSD system.

Thank you
Jim

1. Transferring BSDi passwd and master.passwd to Linux

Hi,
   I need to transfer BSDI's /etc/passwd and /etc/master.passwd to
Linux's /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. Any way of doing this with keeping
password intact?

   I tried doing this by basically converting it by hand but my shadow
file was incorrect.

Thank you and Happy New Year everyone.

K.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. compaq diagnostic display

3. Converting BSDi's passwd and master.passwd to Linux

4. IP Settings

5. convert Passwords from master.passwd to passwd

6. emergency or recovery floppy disc ?

7. master.passwd & passwd

8. cups and carriage returns

9. BSDi passwd file to Linux Passwd file

10. CVS passwd file not updated with passwd

11. patch to support non-/etc/passwd passwd files

12. Automating the creation of a user in master.passwd file

13. Apache Aurthorising /etc/master.passwd file for access