PPP Setup on Solaris 2.5 to Internet Service

PPP Setup on Solaris 2.5 to Internet Service

Post by Molinar » Sat, 04 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I need help in setting up my Unix SparcStation IPX running
Solaris 2.5 a PPP connection to my Internet Service on
a 28.8 Modem. I know there is a lot to configure, could
some please tell me a step-by-step procedure on how to
do this:

I have a Gateway IP Address, DNS (primary and secondary),
POP Server IP Address, the phone number, NIS Server and
NIS domain name. What goes where and how do you set it
up..

Thanks in Advance,

Donna J. Molinari

You email me at:

PPP Setup on Solaris 2.5 to Internet Service

Post by tu » Sat, 04 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Could any one tell me how to make a boot tape for Sun 3 or 4?
Thanks.

Post by Celeste Stokel » Sun, 05 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> I need help in setting up my Unix SparcStation IPX running
> Solaris 2.5 a PPP connection to my Internet Service on
> a 28.8 Modem. I know there is a lot to configure, could
> some please tell me a step-by-step procedure on how to
> do this:

Please see the PPP FAQs at:
http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/ppp.slip.html

..Celeste Stokely, Unix System Administration Consultant
Stokely Consulting, 211 Thompson Square, Mountain View CA 94043
Voice: 415.967.6898 - FAX: 415.967.0160

Celeste's Tutorials on Solaris 2.x/SunOS 4.1.3+ Modems & Terminals
        are available via the Web at http://www.stokely.com
See our Web pages for lots of Unix Serial Port & Sysadm Resources!

try http://www.stokely.com